Sunday, August 7, 2005

Have you seen MY?

Eyeglasses43   Please tell me I am not the only person who can't find their "stuff."  Everyday I search for different things and end up finding things I didn't even know were missing or had forgotten they were missing. I searched in vein for 2 hrs. for my computer glasses. I finally went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and they were on top of my head. OMG.......heeeeeeeeeelp me! It seems like it is my mantra.......Have you seen MY: Glasses? keys? purse? bra? jewelry? watch? address book? calendar? hairbrush? hairclip? remote control? checkbook?   Please tell me I am NOT the only one who is on a constant search for the things in life one is supposed to have at their fingertips. BTW, I always find them, but boy is it frustrating.  Do you misplace things?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, you are definitely NOT alone. I wander in the same space, looking vainly for some item I just had, that cannot be lost because I didn't go anywhere, that feels as if it has hidden itself just to frustrate me! Rene refers to it as Sometimers-sometimes I remember where I put things, and sometimes I don't. Margo

Anonymous said...

yes,  i'm a graduate of ms space cadet academy!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I walked around for 10 minutes cursing and looking for my car keys.   The keys were in my hand, next to the wallet I was holding.  You are definitely not alone.  When searching, don't forget to check the garage, you never know what you might find there...lol

Anonymous said...

When my oldest grandson was four years old and couldn't find something he misplaced, like his shoes, we'd say, "What do you suppose happened to them?"

"A robber probably got them," he'd say.

So ever since, if Cliff and I can't find something we're looking for, we tell one another Arick's robber must have been here.

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGG, ANNE!! lmao I do that ALL THE TIME WITH MY GLASSES!....whahahahhaah....and it's just a given that I do that with everything else too..yet ask me to find anything of B's...pfft no prob....  ;)  E

Anonymous said...

oh boy, do I ever!  butchu'd never catch me admitting that...er....grins, debra

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who will wear her sunglasses on her head, and then put on her reading glasses...LMAO....yeah, I lose everything. Mostly, I can't find my brain. Did I leave it in AZ? If you find it, will you send it home?

xoox

Anonymous said...

LOL, on the top of your head...I can so relate. I spent about 20 minutes one day, looking for my car keys...they were IN MY HAND! See I'd hoisted an overnight bag on my shoulder, and just plain forgot I was holding them.

Sad.

I misplaced my brain in 1972...

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Do I misplace things?  You better
believe it sister!  LMAO
Connie

Anonymous said...

I could have written this.  Not only do I have to find my stuff, I'm supposed to know where everybody else's is as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Anne....but you are the ONLY one this happens to.  ;)  I lose my wallet, keys, Hallmark ID, lighter, etc. constantly!!!

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one, lol!  I often walk into a room and can't remember why I went in there in the 1st place.....  :)  Happy Monday!  ~Dawn~

Anonymous said...

all the time!!!!! xoxoxoxoxo judi

Anonymous said...

shoot I'd forget my head if it weren't attached!

Anonymous said...

Me! Ha!  I put something down and Joe throws it away! The last time was a bag of socks in a Walmart bag. He said this will teach me to put things away.

Anonymous said...

My sides are splitting from laughing so hard.  Since I can't see past my nose without my glasses, I don't lose them very often, but everything else is fair game.  Ernie is famous for misplacing things.  The kids used to earn extra pocket money by finding misisng items before he left for work in the mornings; keys, glasses, wallet, base pass, etc.  We have "lost" two remote controls over the past couple of years.  I think they have somehow been mixed in with the read papers and carted off with the trash.  Neither of them turned up when we moved, even.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I KNOW this question doesn't apply to me???

LMAO

xoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

In your search....if you find my sanity....please call. : )
Candace

Anonymous said...

There was once a great Twilight Zone episode that addressed this.  ..... essentially every minute of existance had to be "built" and there were these workers that build every minute ahead of time, and sometimes, in some minutes they forgot to add some little thing, and that is why we could look and our object is not there but the next minute it is right where we looked but didn't see it a minute before (the worlds longest run on sentence).
Peace,  Virginia

Anonymous said...

If my glasses were that large, I would never lose them.  As it is, I've been looking for a pair, any pair all night.  Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

Have asyone seen my........memory?? You are soooooooo normal! I am giggling a little thinking about you finding your bra on your head!LOL I know, I'm sick, BUT, I'm old, so I can say I don't remember........what were we talking about??? rich

Anonymous said...

I think you hit a nerve with this one, Anne, LOL!  We all are looking for something at this age and yes, it's usually right in front of us all the time.  I'm glad you stumbled upon that mirrow before you destroyed your sanity.  Now, can we loan those glasses to Mrs. L. and could someone please remove the bra from Rich's head.  Okay, where are MY glasses?
Sam

Anonymous said...

I misplace things ALL the time, just walking from point A to point B, it's like there's a black hole in the hallway or something.  :p
Anna

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten what a joy you are!   I'm so glad I found you again.  I used to write in a journal as LavenderSuitsMe and your encouraging words always touched my heart.  Never stop being you...for you are one of his angels.

Carolyn