Thursday, June 15, 2006

Luke, The Wonder Dog

This is a painting of my dog Luke. I adopted him 7 years ago from a shelter in Kansas. He is aproximately 12 years old. He has been a blessing to our family. He is a most well mannered gentleman. He was picked up as a stray and sent to the shelter. Nobody claimed him but we did!  I had been without a dog for 2 years. My other dog, Raisin, a Shar Pei, had lived 7 years and had been sick for 5 of those years.

The reason for this post is to tell you that Luke will be having surgery tomorrow. Luke has cancer in a couple of areas of his body. I have know this for awhile, but needed to get back to Kansas before he was operated on. He will have laser surgery to remove these areas. One set of problems is near is thyroid. He has been on thyroid meds since I have had him. The other tumors are located on his hind quarters and more than likely attached to tendons. These are both very tricky areas.  I have the utmost faith in his vet and his ability to do the surgery. I have the utmost faith in my dogs ability to come through the surgery.   But the questions will remain............what next?

Keep Luke the Wonder Dog in your prayers.  I would be ever so grateful.  Thanks...............................Anne

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oftentimes, what the dog is like, is more important than the difficulty of the operation. Luke sounds special. What Next?  Maybe just lots more fun years ;']

Anonymous said...

I most definitely will keep Luke in my prayers   i know he will be fine and so will you Anne, but if you're like me, i worry anyways   hugz~kbear

Anonymous said...

beautiful painting, Anne. What a good dog he is. will keep you all in my prayers

betty

Anonymous said...

I remember the painting - with the kiss on his forehead :)

You know Luke will be in my thoughts until you say all is well! He is a very sweet and well mannered gentleman. No dog is better loved - although the beagles may try to dispute that!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Luke.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Luke is in my prayers!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes it comes more natural to pray for a pet than for many humans.  But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne...you know how I feel about animals.
Of course I will keep your beloved Luke in
my prayers.
I hope the best outcome from his surgery.
Love you,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Of course, Ann.  You're in my prayers, too.
http://acrazyquiltlife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Both you and Luke will be in my prayers tomorrow. Margo

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and The Wonder Dog coming your way.  Tina

Anonymous said...

You know it.  Rub his ears for me...and tell him I love him.

YOu too.

xoxo,
lp

Anonymous said...

You know it.  Rub his ears for me...and tell him I love him.

YOu too.

xoxo,
lp

Anonymous said...

Why is it that we pet-parents go through shit like this as the kids get older???!!!  I will keep Luke in my thoughts and meditations.  You are ALWAYS in them, friend.

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Awww he's such a handsome fella. Best of luck on his surgery and speedy recovery.
Barb

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well today:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Luke is a beautiful dog and if very lucky to have such a caring family, especially his "mom".  I certainly will offer up my prayer to the Dog God to look after Luke and make him well.  I'll also whisper in Fargo's ear to do the same.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Gots time for a Luke-Update?  I know he's probably having a steady stream of visitors...but c'mon Pea. Throw us a bone!  LOL

xoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

He's a beautiful dog!!
Pam