Sunday, May 18, 2008

Is it May, already?

I am slowly coming out of a "death" fog.  I don't want to talk about it in this journal. It's far too personal and much too painful.  The older I get the more questions I have. I have very few answers now.

ANYWAY.................I took possession of my SMART car last Sunday. So far, I have a little over a 100 miles on it.  I have had a lot of cars in my lifetime. I have had SUV's when they were called 4X4's and little Mercedes and BIG Mercedes and Toyotas, VW bugs, etc.  This car is so much to drive.  You can be 6'6" and fit in it comfortably.  The only thing I have realized is that I need to wear make up when driving as so many people wave or inquire about it.  I took my 90 yr old neighbor out to lunch and I pulled up in her driveway in this car. I told her if she didn't feel comfortable in it, I would go get the big minivan.  She said, "ARE you kidding me.........let me IN!"   She had to drop her window down several times to speak to people about the car.   All in all, we had a GREAT time.    Oh, did I mention that her family founded Flagstaff?  

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look smashing in it, Anne! we've seen a few around town; always such a sight it causes; one day I would imagine they will be a "dime a dozen" especially with the cost of gas

it is May already!! can you believe it? it is good to get an entry from you; was thinking of you the other day and wondering if my alerts were off and I wasn't getting anything from your journal; we've moved, my son moved out, lots of changes here; good ones but still ones I need to give to the Lord :)

take care of yourself; love the spunk of your 90-year-old friend :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Love the car and the driver looks great too.  It is sooooo good to have you back.  Take  your time, care for  youself and know that you are thought of often and with love.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Cute car!   i've only seen one here, but i'm sure there are more   welcome back!   look forward to more entries...kbear

Anonymous said...

Anne, I love it! Wanna trade your smart car for my dumb pickup truck???    Jon

Anonymous said...

Welcome back ! I love the car and I'll bet it's gonna be even prettier when it grows up.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Your new car looks great !  I bet the gas mileage is terrific !  I think we'll be seeing more of them on the road as gas prices continue to soar.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!  I WANT ONE!!!

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Now you can go OFF-ROADING!!  :-)

Virginia

Anonymous said...

oh look at you Miss Cutie Pie in that CAR!!!!!! We'll come back to AZ and I will sit on the hood while we go off-roading:):):) And I LOVE Flagstaff!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a few of those over here on the west side.  I'm just wondering if I'd feel safe in one, they are SO tiny!  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any yet.  That's so cute!  Do you sit up higher than a regular car?  Maybe it's my age but I've gotten used to bigger vehicles to feel safer!  When I was younger, I had an MG Midget and VW Beetle.  Now with all the big trucks and SUVs, I don't think I'd feel safe anymore.  But the mileage has got to be fabulous!  :)  Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

uberzippee!
grins, debra

Anonymous said...

And they recently got a good safety rating!  I was worried about you in that thing, but I'm a wee bit more at ease now.

Russ

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, and it fits you so well! I have to make sure I get a ride in that bad boy if I get out West! Heck that may be incentive enough!

Have fun with the very cool new toy!

Anonymous said...

What a great little car! I can picture you driving around in it....it has warmed up, huh?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dang it! My alerts are on the fritz again and I'm late to the party.

I love that car. Absolutely freakin love it. Good for you!