Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Thursday, It Must Be Meatloaf

What's for dinner?

DINNER tonight is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, sliced tomatoes and orange jell-o.  I have cooked all week.

Yesterday Gustav blew into town, dumping a lot of rain and cool temperatures. The high yesterday was 59 degrees with rain and today was 62 degress with rain. However the sun just came out.  I've loved the cooler temperatures. The month of August in Kansas found us with much cooler temps than many years prior.  I like that in the month of August.  August and March are my least favorite months.  When I was in AZ in Aug. it was bad.  I arrrived back to KS with reasonable weather.

A lot of buzz going on in blogs about the election. This is truely a turning point in history that I can bear witness to.  WHOM ever (or is it whoever?) you vote for, we will have a minority in office.  Not too shabby, is it?

I also don't fall for any political ad about who is going to do what. Know why?  Because who ever is elected can only do what congress allows them to do. My friend once told me, it's better to vote in your local elections than any election.  I find it interesting that I live in a mostly Republican area and state, yet our governor is a Democrat. My one elected official is a Democrat and the other is Republican.  I think that offers a good balance. Gee, can you tell I'm a Libra?  (NOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>birthday month....time to polish the crown!!!)  

Tomorrow Doc and I will be dining out and Saturday will be my oldest grandchild's birthday. He will be a teenager. OMG!!!  I think we will be having steak!  The child knows how to order lobster and steak..............I like that in a person! haaaaaaaaa

OK, meatloaf is done.   Ya'll come back now, ya hear?      Anne

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meatloaf looks delicious!  sounds better than the steak i had at a local restaurant today...august was a cooler month than usual for us too   i'm thinking it's going to be a really cold winter   that would be good as long as we get the moisture with it...i'm anxious for the election to be over  i always hate the slug fest that comes with it...anyways, thanks again for your tip   enjoy your dinner!~kbear

Anonymous said...

I love meatloaf and as usual only fix it once a year just like I love turkey and have it only at Thanksgiving.  That makes it all the more special.  I agree about our elections.  Congress has a lot of power, but the President can veto their work too.  It's all about keeping some balance.  Life is alot like that...got to have some meat along with the potatoes.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

meatloaf, mashed taters, and sliced tomatoes is one of my fave meals!  of course, steak and lobster is good too.  and you vote for whomever.  glad it's cooler now and that the rain is rain and not tornadoes/hurricanes.  i love the points you made about pres only does what congress allows, local elections are THE place to start, and good balance essential.

where oh where is the crown...

{grins, winks, huggles}

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good meal!  My hubby has been doing most of the cooking this week.....I sure have enjoyed it, too!  ;o)  -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

yum; meatloaf sounds delicious with all those side dishes!! I bet it tasted scrumptious!!

happy early birthday to your grandchild!! a teenager; how exciting!!!

enjoy dinner tomorrow with the family :)

betty

Anonymous said...

My teenager also knew how to order Lobster and Steak.  I would cringe when I would ask him where he wanted to go to dinner.  It was always Red Lobster, which meant either crab legs or lobster.
I dont eat either one,  I usually get shrimp scampi, or fried flounder, which is reasonably priced.  
Love ya...and oh by the way, I love meatloaf!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Good Post. The circus referred to as presidential elections is, and has been, a joke. As long as we have an evenly divided, do-nothing Congress the staus will remain, as we say in the vernacular,....quo.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I haven't made meatloaf in a long time.  We're getting rain here, but not the cooler temps.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Oooo, yummy!  I haven't made a meatloaf in years.  And I love it.  I put everything in it but the kitchen sink!!  Hubby made steak and baked pototoes tonight.  That was yummy too!  Well, got to go check out the weather channel and figure out if it's going to rain all weekend, have a hurricane, miss a hurricane.  I can't keep up with it!  Have a wonderful weekend.  Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

I love meatloaf.  Yum!

Anonymous said...

Yum, wish I were closer.  This truly will be an historic election year.  Just when it seemed that one  party was going to have it "all sewed up", along comes a surprise.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I feel like I was sitting right there in your kitchen while you cooked and chatted :-)

xoxo