Alas, mighty Casey struck out. AOL is bidding us goodbye. I hate it. But as much as I hear people say: "I hate change" we must remember that if it weren't forced upon us then we would become stagnant, kind of like pond scum and Hummers.
I never imagined that I would keep an online journal; much less for 4 years. It's been a good ride. I haven't regretted one single person I've met. Not ONE! I've learned alot about the human condition and realized that it's much easier to talk about life to strangers who become friends than to lots of friends who are really strangers. Ordinary people live extrodinary lives.
Mary, stop by at my knew place; I love you. Stupid Jimmy; you aren't stupid, you are a gem among Jim's, Jim Sullivan in Florida; you make me smile and laugh; Sam in Savannah, I've loved every minute of your journals and your emails, Russ, keep on writing and doodling and don't make me come over there!!! Mosie, you'll always be Mosie to me and I love reading about your abode in Mo and all of your precious animals, Cliff too. Kath in AZ.....I don't comment as much as I should be I love reading your posts and learning about Hub, boys and grand babies, Paulette, you are one of the best therapists around.............never second-doubt yourself and I love your trips down memory lane, Mrs L.....I know you are a lurker and we don't see eye to eye on everything, but by gosh, I adore you AND your laundry on your door. Margo, you have changed so very much and have been through hell and high water; but you're going to be fine, Jon, my favorite cowboy............what can I say? Southern Mush loves you but so do I and I'll never admit this publicly again. Raven, You teach me so much and I admire you. There are so many lessons to learn from you. Suzy, kiss the beagles and come see me again in AZ.
If anything...............it's been real! Anne

15 comments:
I always enjoy your posts, too! See ya over at the new place! ~~Kath~~
Oh Anne....my fellow Hootervillian! Will I get "alerts" from blogspot if I follow your new blog? I depend on alerts. I'll make the move shortly. SIGH
Love,
Russ
Dammit, a few more minutes of this and you're gonna make a cowboy cry!
We all love ya, Anne, and I'm sure we will all meet again soon in a better place!
Jon
It has been a pleasure reading your journal and enjoying your friendship. I'll see you on the other side.
Your friend and mine
Jimmy
http://jimsulliv3.blogspot.com/
Anne
We all love you and will miss coming over here for a visit. However, I look forward to picking things up again in our new digs. I've already got your new home book marked and will be by often. It's been a fun ride, let's change vehicles and do it again.
Sam
"it's much easier to talk about life to strangers who become friends than to lots of friends who are really strangers. Ordinary people live extraordinary lives." I think I'll link to this entry from both my blogs.
Now you said a mouthful there, girl.
I'm glad to see, by reading your comments, that Russ is going to make the move. I was concerned we'd never hear from him again.
Anne, Thank you for your openness and normalcy and extraordinary courage-and much more, all in one package. And for your support. I will be seeing you at blogspot. Love, Margo
Hey, I got an email for this post! ;0. Did you think I was THAT GONE already :-)? I love ya, Anne(like really, how many people were in my private journal from aol, 8?), I'll still pop in & out on your blogspot, but it was my time to end since Dad died, & this was the full push.
~Mary ooxoxo
Although we've already found one another on the other side of the blogsphere...this was so touching dear friend. I shed some tears when I bid Raven's Lament that final goodbye. Here's to new memories and stronger, longer friendships. (Hugs)Indigo
Nice entry here Anne. See you at blogger. :)
Good luck in your 'new home', Anne! I'll drop by and say 'hi'! Lisa
I gotcher link, Anne! I would love to visit again, but it's going to be a long time before I can go any where. Not even DC! Once I feel confident leaving Molly, finding a dog sitter to watch a sighted dog and a second dog who is blind and has Addison's disease, I will be ready to go!
sweet anne, since i don't have my computer at the moment, i can't bookmark your new site; but please send the link to my eMail (it won't perish there, just languish til i get my 'puter back). dkb1116@peoplepc.com
grins, debra
Is this post taken?
LOL
Love and hugs to you my friend, and an award at my place:
http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/2008/11/it-warms-heartsong.html
Post a Comment