Friday, October 10, 2008

GIVE ME A BREAK

If I could find a picture of how tired looks, I would add it to this post. I went to the Doctor yesterday because of a bad headache and what I felt was a sinus infection. I have had this for over a week. When I read old journals this seems the time of year I often get them.
After seeing Dr. W. and telling him of my symptoms, he decided to stick a camera up (or is it down?) my nose. After going in about 8" he said the infection is located right under my right eye; before it reached my teeth. I left with 2 prescriptions, and information on a new product (over the counter) to irrigate my sinuses. (OH BOY!!) Now the antibiotic I am on is known for tearing your stomach up and he suggested that I also take a pill that has the same properties as fresh yogurt has. This pill is to be taken several time a day. It is to prevent my gut from being all torn up and also an infection from the area "DOWN UNDER" That my friends is the most polite way of putting it. My question to him was, "Can I still have a cocktail in the evening?" YES, was his reply. So that is great news. haaaaaaaaaa
I have had the carpet man here for 3 days installing carpet downstairs. Remember the flood? Well the carpet was approved for all of the downstairs instead of just the 2 rooms it was confined in. I LOVE the new carpet much more than the old carpet. It is warmer. It's a berber that has golden and chocolate brown in it with all of those shades in between.
I didn't think the painter would ever leave. Holy CRAP, he drove me crazy. He had to talk all of the time. I had to leave the room in the middle of his conversation......claiming the phone was ringing. My kitchen floors will be refinished new week. DUST and FUR will fly. Watch out sinuses!
Don't get me wrong. I am grateful that I have health insurance and can go to the best doctors around. I am also grateful for homeowners insurance that has approved all of the things necessary to put my home back together again. I am grateful for a lot of things. I am grateful that my husband is able to work and make a good living. I am also grateful that we don't have debt that we can't handle.
BUT (and as Jon/Faux Cowboy) always says, "There's almost always a BUT" I can't take anymore "news".
So here's my deal. In the past year I have had a sick dog who has had to have several surgeries and eventually died in Feb. Last December I had to force my son who has bipolar into a hospital stay against his will. He still holds this against me today..........that's OK....he needed it and I have a strong force in me. In January, I had a sweet lady who I have known since I was 16 yrs of age, die. She was like a second mother to me. It was totally unexpected.
This spring found Doc's brother died. He committed suicide. We're still dealing with that. This spring and summer my only two aunts were placed in nursing homes in Alzheimer's units.
A couple of weeks ago, maybe 3; I visited my mother in Kentucky. My brother had just been diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme (grade IV) He's only 49 years old. It's an instant death sentence. It's brain cancer; the worst kind. While I was visiting her, my uncle (her brother) died. His male children were trying to bilk her out of money for the funeral. They didn't even have a funeral............they just buried him.
Then I got the news that my oldest son is getting married. They are holding the wedding at MY house in Arizona. That house is under renovation...............I don't even know if it is finished. SIGH.....................I've decided I'm going into the closet when the nuptials take place. YES, I'm in the closet and tending bar. Anybody care to join me?
I so know that many people have so much more on their plates than I do. I just can't take anymore NEWS. So, I going to take a little hiatus from blogging. I'll be back, I just don't know when. My brother and Mother get all my attention right now.
PEACE, out! WITH MUCH LOVE, Anne

29 comments:

Janie said...

Sure hope you are feeling better. I have had a sinus problem but didn't know it could get behind your eye. Wow! Janie

kbear said...

Hell i'd take a hiatus too after all that..sounds like you need it..i'll be patiently waiting for your return. have a drink on me..hugz~kbear

Sage Ravenwood said...

My dear friend, you have so much to deal with these days. Take the time you need to get things sorted out in your world. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here waiting for you, when you feel like returning. I know the headache and stress of home improvement. I have another 2 weeks and hopefully mine will be behind me. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers on the smoke. Be safe dear one, your in my heart and thoughts. (Hugs)Indigo

Jimmy's Journal said...

Sit back, pour yourself a martini and relax. Once you finished your martini.....meet me in the closet.

betty said...

((((Anne)))) yes; you got your priorities on straight with your mom/brother

take care of yourself and we'll see you when you get back

betty

Remo said...

I guess sometimes it's just good to be able to wake up and put your feet on the floor for another day. Stuff will work itself out, with or without us.

Hang in there!

Cathy said...

Move over in that closet, friend, I'm joinin ya. Life is amazing yes? Incredible. Aren't we lucky we have drama, how would we ever deal with boring? Actually I know ur losing it, but I also know u have fire and brimestone - hang in.
http://cathy-daretothink.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

I don't blame you for taking time out from blogging for your family. We'll keep in touch through email, okay? I don't think you need to feel guilty about what you have on your plate or compare it to anyone else's woes. You've gone thru a helluva year, and you need to do what you need to do for you and for your brother and mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you as always.

Paulette said...

Anne, you are in my heart and thoughts. No one should have the year that you've had. The next one HAS to be better.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You will be in my prayers for sure. Take care and do what is needed. Blogging is good for when you have some free time or need to release some of what's going on. I know you are counting your blessings and it is true that it does help. 'On Ya' - ma

sunflowerkat said...

You do have an incredible amount on your plate. I hope you will do what you need to, to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. I lost my dad to a glioblastoma. It really sucks to have something you've never heard of, decend on you like it does. You and your entire family will be my thoughts.

IndigoSunMoon said...

I am finally trying to make my rounds on the new blogs. Gosh, this change has been a thorn in my side! I know it has for you too! I hope and pray that we all work the kinks out soon! I wish the ease I had with AOL (the bastards). Anyway, Love you Anne!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should come over and rescue you from bar duty after the vows. ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetheart, it will get better, it just has to get better.
Otherwise we will all end up in your closet.
But then again if you are serving martinis perhaps there is no better place to be?
Good thoughts and best wishes,
Bertha

Jon said...

I can fully identify with your plight, since my life is synonymous with stress & bad luck. Take care. And hurry back. We'll miss you.

marc said...

Marvelous Entry... Please re-read the words that came right from your heart.

You begin by stating how very grateful you are for what you have.
You finish with a list of all the sadness and painful events that you have encountered.

Imagine for a moment...without the painful events occuring,how could you be grateful!

being grateful, is not lip service. It's a very tender emotion expressed from the core of our heart.It is the balm we apply to all grief that comes across our path. Being grateful, allows us to move on, gives us strength to comfort others, and allows us to close our eyes and trust that sleep will bring us to a new day!

Nothing in Creation was created without having some symbiotic counterbalance.

I hope the coming months your scales are adjusted accordingly!

Peace...marc :)

Lippy said...

Hi Anne, I just wanted to stop by to say hello and that I'm thinking of you. I know that you're going through a lot. I'm with you.

Luv ya
Jimmy

suzypwr said...

You take care of yourself, Anne! We are here when you are ready. Lots of love to you!

Debra said...

sweet anne,

well.

well. what to say to all that? lady, come stay with me. my good god, but you've had a run of it all! {by the way, is it a neti pot you'd be using?} debra

Jimmy's Journal said...

Are you still in the closet and do we have enough twists and olives for the martinis?

Put on that Gato Barbieri track and that red dress...I'm on my way.

Jimmy

Gaboatman said...

Anne
You take all the time you need. We'll still be here with a warm welcome when you come back. Sometimes it is good to step away for a bit, take it from one who knows. In the mean time you will remain in my thoughts.
Sam

Lori J said...

Dearest Anne,
Sure sounds like your plate is full...and I will pray "the peace that passeth all understanding" to be upon you as you have to deal with so many issues.
I remember in the midst of my chemotherapy I said "Lord you must think I am one tough broad" because I do not think I can take much more...but I did

Love and hugs,

Alberta Lori

www.lorisletterbox.blogspot.com

Paulette said...

Hi Anne. Just wanted to let you know that you are still often in my thoughts. Since the "changeover" I haven't been much in the moos for blogging. I don't like the extra step of having to log on someplace else. Oh well, perhaps in time. I have surgery on my lumbar spine in Dec. I'm a little shaky over the whole thing, but am hoping for the best. Paulete

Lori said...

I gave you an award on my blog. How are things going?

Heli gunner Tom said...

It came to the point in my own busy life that I just could not juggle 8thingsin my brain at one time. So I decided to "simplify my life" and put the Lord Jesus Christ as my main priority. All the rest just falls into place by itself. There is only so much that we ourselves can control.
You have a very nice blog/ Journal!

Warm Regards,
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
Disabled Vietnam Vet: 68-70.
Wisconsin

LYN said...

hope you are feeling better...I just found you again...
here's to a better year!

Cathy said...

Actually it's up and over, nose-wise lol. Keep a spot for me in that closet.

Magogo's Musings, too said...

ear Anne, I don't knoe anybody with more on their plates. I am so sorry your year has been so difficult. I know you are a STRONG woman, but how strong does one have to be to get by? You will, however, sinus infectionand all, because that's what we do. I'll be thinking of yoi. Love, Margo

Astaryth said...

I just wanted to pop in and wish you a Merry Merry.... and let you know that we miss you while you are on your hiatus from bloggy land