Friday, April 10, 2009

What's Up Doc?


Meet Doc...........he's aged a little. This is what he does to torture me. Just when I least expect it. SIGH! I told him when he visits me to leave the mask at home. Can you imagine the surprise of the TSA agents? The end of this month we will be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I told him it was the RUBY anniversary. He kept saying, "What, What?" {Right, like he can't hear me.} We caught up on the phone today. It's amazing that we are both so busy. I wonder what will happen when we get free time? Maybe I'll wear the mask!
Come to think of it, I did wear this mask decades ago. We took a 7 day cruise. {I'll never do that again......lost 10 lbs, sea sick} We had costume night and I didn't have a costume. Doc wasn't about to participate in that show, so I borrowed my sons' high top red converse tennis shoes and red glasses. Then I wore a blue denim jumpsuit that I padded all over. So everybody thought that I was a guy. Gosh, does that mean, I've done drag? Well, call 'em like ya see 'em. Anyway, much to my surprise I won the trophy for first place. It's the first trophy I ever won. I may add that it is the ONLY trophy that I ever won. Yep, it's sitting on the bookshelves with all of Docs trophies, awards and diplomas. Don't say I've never done my part. I always wanted to be a trophy wife. I hope he keeps it polished while I am in Arizona.
Tonight I find myself engrossed in words and the language of today. Who knew that I would know the difference between, twittering, tweeting, tweaking, and tweeking. Lord, what a differnce a day makes.

9 comments:

Jimmy's Journal said...

I've heard that being married to a trophy wife will age one somewhat, but at a certain point in time, one must weigh the possibility of senility. What a hoot!

Jimmy

PK said...

Epic entry.

When the link kicked in and loaded I was all, like, woah! (The visual kind of startled me.) Then I read and realized that there was some serious reasoning being rationed out here.

Keep writing, Anne. You're on a roll.

Donna. W said...

It sure is nice to have you checking in with us. This year will be 42 years for us, by the way.

Do you tweet? I just don't have a lot of use for twitter. Now Facebook, on the other hand....

Remo said...

Wow. That dude needs some sunscreen.

kbear said...

Happy Anniversay! Life is a hoot sometimes! Happy Easter too! hugz~kbear

MiMi Paris said...

That is so funny! Are you twittering????? (I think I invited you to that habit.)

Lori said...

Of course you're a trophy wife!
Happy fortieth ahead of time if I miss the actual anniversary date. That's quite a milestone, and I hope you get your rubies!

Janie said...

Too funny! He sounds like a fun guy. lol Never been on a cruise... bet I would get sea sick too!! I still don't know the difference about the tweeking or what ever. lol You will have to tell me. :) Have a great trip. Janie

Judith HeartSong said...

Be happy! No twittering for me... I have no more minutes in the day.