Thursday, April 30, 2009

A BIT OF BUBBLY

DOC arrived in town last week and it's been a great week for the most part. As long as we don't talk about the swine flu and all of our aches and pains. (May all of our pains be Champagnes!)

We celebrated our 40th and it was very low key......exactly the way we both wished it to be. We had a very late lunch of fresh fish and roasted vegetables at one of our favorite restaurants. We made it home just in time for the cocktail hour and shared this most wonderful bottle of champagne. When my friend Sherron and I were in Napa last summer, we visited the Mumm sparkling winery. This was in one of the tastings we had sampled and I loved it. It proved perfect for the occasion.

We exchanged cards and laughed and also teared up over our 40 years together and the highs and lows of our joined lives. We both wondered where all the time had gone.

I would like to close with this poem. It was on one of the cards we shared.

TIME is too slow for those who wait,

too swift for those who fear,

too long for those who grieve,

too short for those who rejoice,

but for those who love,

time is eternity......................................... H. Van Dyke.

and so it goes

10 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

Happy Anniversary Dear Anne... forty years is such a great milestone and you know that I am sending love and warm hugs your way.

Donna. W said...

Happy anniversary to the two of you. This year will be our 43rd.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congrats on your 40 years together. Sounds to me like the perfect way to celebrate.

kbear said...

Happy Anniversary! wow 40yrs, that's awesome! beautiful poem!~kbear

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Anne and Doc!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Wishing you peace, meaning & purpose ~Happy Anniversary.

I'm sure tripping thru the 40 years of life in your memories can be unbearably moving(esp with the alcohol :-).
All that time slides into...2009. I hope you continue to enjoy every second you can.


An anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~~Paul Sweeney

~Mary

Janie said...

Congratulations. :) Ours was the 28th. :) Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Sage Ravenwood said...

Happy 40th to you both! It sounds like a perfect setting to celebrate. The poem was truly beautiful. (Hugs)Indigo

Jimmy's Journal said...

Happy 40th my love...sounds like a great anniversary celebration to me. Say hello to Doc.

Jimmy

Lori said...

Wishing you and Doc a very Happy 40th Anniversary!! I'm glad you had a nice little celebration, and I hope you have 40 more of them!