Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Passing the Crown......my turn!



This is just an update to let people know that I am still alive and this week, I'm kicking.....the crown is being passed. This week I shall forget my troubles and celebrate my life. I woke up this morning to Chris Botti playing for me and Sting singing to me. Who could ask for more?

Since last I posted, things have not improved but I'll talk about that in another post.

Today I spent with girlfriends. We support each other, love each other and are there for each other. Campaign, good company and good food and we have to include chocolate or it wouldn't be a celebration.

The air is fresh today....54 degrees when I woke up. I'm sipping on some English Breakfast tea and remembering the view from my hotel window when I was in London. The park and the bare branched trees were divine.

Tomorrow will be spent with Doc. I think we'll go to someplace where we can sit outside and soak in the autumnal glory, along with a vodka martini, reminiscing about all of the birthdays we've been there for each other. I remember the ash tree we had outside our back deck. It was this time of year it turned the most splendid color of yellow. It was like a birthday present just for me. You could lean over the deck railings and almost touch it.

The only family news that I am going to share is that there is suppose to be a baby born on my birthday.......and it's a girl!! Since I had two boys, the girl grandchildren are especially enjoyable.

Well, it's time to get my nails done............for this week I INDULGE. More later......enjoying the music and life.




5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you enjoy the day viewing autumn in it's glory. I had a caramel appletini recently that was wonderful and so right for the season. It's wonderful have friends to celebrate with for sure! Congrats on the girl child! It is wonderful having granddaughters!

DB said...

Anne, enjoy your celebrating, your vodka martitni and remember, "there's no such thing as too much chocolate."

DB

kbear said...

Sounds delightful and what I need to be doing..celebrating! enjoy your new granddaughter. will she be named after you since she's due on your birthday? that would be nice. happy to hear from you! HUGZ!

Jimmy's Journal said...

I'd certainly love to in the middle of all the beautiful ladies sipping a Grey Goose chilled martini myself.

Beware of Irishmen bearing gifts of chocolate, Love.

Jimmy

Donna. W said...

It's great to hear from you. Don't be such a stranger!