Here I am. I haven't disappeared. I was in Arizona visiting my 5 month old Grandaughter, Bella.....oh....and my son and D.I.L. The weather was perfect. The company was good. Our Nephew and his love were there to see us also. Isabella was a joy. She is attached to the breast of her mother and has gone from a premmie to a little butterball. We had one day to ourselves and that was fun too. Time passed too quickly.
WARNING: Refrigerator Alert! We arrived home to find our main refrigerator that had "been fixed" still not working properly. Our other refrigerator salad drawers had been taken back to their shop weeks ago and were still not fixed. Let's jump ahead shall we? Bob has turned into Chuck. At least Chuck as a good since of humor....at my expense! He came out and fixed my regular refrigerator again.....using a hairdryer! Seems as though the freezer part of the refrigerator had an ice build up on it, thus affecting the refrigeration part. <<<sigh>>> OK, more money and a working refrig, right? (OH, you optimists you!) As soon as he was out of sight, the ice built up started again. Now I know it's my "mother board" and the "termaintor" (I will never forgive Ahnawld!) They are on order. Friday they delivered the refrig. drawers they have had and I must say, they are working now. They are working so well, they have tuned into freezers. <<<<sigh>>> OK, Doc........YOU call them on Monday. I just can't bear it anymore. So much for Subzeros. See how boring I have become? My life has become a series of subzero mishaps. I even miss the bust bunnies than used to live under them. I think they are the reason they worked in the first place.
I want to talk a little bit about my nephew Dr. S. and his love C. I am so enormoulsy proud of him. He and his mate are made for each other. They compliment each other and they are such a joy to be around. Dr. S. is one of the best family physicians in the state of TEXAS and that is one big ass state! His love is so funny and makes me laugh. You know the kind of laugh that comes from your tummy? Our time together passed much too quickly. I look forward to seeing them again soon. They gave me a present too. It's the most beautiful bracelet that I have ever seen. It's in silver and has many colors of green crystals. I will always treasure it and think of them when I wear it.
Doc and I got to go to a movie while in Arizona. We went to see Elizabethtown. We really enjoyed it and I loved the young girl who stars in this flick. She played in Spiderman and was Spidermans girlfriend. Orlando Bloom wasn't bad either. If you get a chance, I would recommend it. Actually there are many movies out now that we would like to see, but will have to wait until Xmas before seeing them and they probably will be gone before then.
My 4 yr old grandaughter will become 5 next Friday. I am sure we will have a grand celebration. My Kansas grandkids' mother has remarried and moved out of her house. I know where they live, but she hasn't bothered to inform my son or us. This is in violation of their divorce agreement. I could make a lot of trouble for her, but she is in enough trouble as it is. For NOW, all I will do is to continue to give love and support to my son and the kids, but she better watch her step. I am prepared to help my son take her to court if necessary. I used to worry about her taking them far away. (Her own mother did this to her when she was little, along with never telling her WHO her Dad was, but marrying another man. In fact her mother has been married so many times, we have lost count.) I think she knows that we would do whatever needs to be done in order for her to face the consequenses that she has created, if she makes another wrong move! I hope she can pull it all together for her kids sake. Oh, I forgot to add that she recently gave birth to her NOW husbands baby. Her NOW husband was a former employee of ours and decided that he REALLY liked my then daughter in law. He hasn't been married before but has a few kids of his own. I do NOT know how families survive anymore. I do know that Doc and I will always be here for our grandkids and that our son, who, since becoming divorced, has really become as awesome young man and parent.
That last paragraph has been on my mind for awhile and I just had to journal about it. I know between that and the refrigerator, I have bored you too death, but at least I feel a little better tonight. Thanks for letting me bitch! Anne

12 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that Isabella and the family are doing so well! But as for that fridge.... well sub zero on it!
Wait, I know you're just waiting for some hunky repair guy to come work on it... I get it.
Your son is so lucky to have you in his corner. I hope everything works out for all of them. ~Sie
With you in your son's corner, you have nothing to worry about - those kids will be cared for :)
Refrigerators - just come up here in about a month, and we can store your stuff outside. It won't melt. Maybe in two weeks, even. Sigh.
xoxo
Sorry your still having refridgerator woes. <sigh>
I haven't been to a movie in ages. I really want
to see the new movie with Jaoquin Phoenix and
Reese Witherspoon. They are starring as Johnny
Cash and June Carter. The clips look amazing!
Connie
oh, I was DELIGHTED to find an entry from you!!! That darn subzero....... I never thought I would curse a subzero. So glad you got a new guy and hopefully in the end the fridge will be tip-top again.
So glad you got to see everybody.... you are indeed one of the most loving souls I have ever met and are adored by all. Sending big hugs from the environs of DC today, judi
finall lol...good luck with the fridge..hope you dont need a new one :-P...also i know you have been thru a lot and im glad that you keep your positive attitude thru it all. thank you for the comments left in my journal.
--tim
http://journals.aol.com/animaquarius2500/IHaveaLifeThisisIt
I'm SO glad you have posted again!! I dread the upcoming season which will take you back to Arizona for a long time. I love the name "Bella", by the way.
Many HONKS!
Russ
The situation with marriages and relationships these days really can leave you questioning things the way they are. It can be really depressing. I know my own sitatuation really took the faith out of me. Guess all we can do is appreciate those who still hold values any way they can.
On the other hand, it sure is nice to spend time with family. Love to hear that someone's absence is due to someone having fun!
Jimmy
beeee-you-tee-ful bella the butterball!! i don't even have to see a pic to know she's a sweetee. but don't let that stop ya from posting one. hugs, debra
No boredoe at all.l That's what friends are for! Glad that you had a lot of fun in Az and that Bella is growing well. One of my sadnesses is that we no longer have n\any baby or even toddler grandchildren. The youngest started school this year. The other sadness is that when the grandchildren start families of their own there will be "grannies and granddads" who want to be able to have the pleasures that I've enjoyed over this past twenty years. Hmm. Moving from the "back seat" to the "far back seat". Sounds like a sometime journal entry. Paulette
You are living the most excellent life, Pea...all of it, good, bad and in between. I am so glad you got to have your loved ones around you. Especially that beauteeful Bella.
xoxoxoxo,
lp
I cannot believe the refirgerator saga continues, but if you need dust bunnies, I've a lot to share. As for the complex set of relationships we call family these days, so much depends on the willingness to put kids first, and remain polite. Hard to do at times, but possible. I like knowing that some couples are happy after many years, but also that I can have a family of choice, too. Margo
Hey Anne: Have missed you! Hope you are doing okay... xxoo, Albert
Post a Comment