It was beautiful yesterday so Luke, the wonder dog and I headed to the park for a walk. I am running behind schedule and I am thinking of all the things that need to be done. Muttering under my breath, I start thinking unpleasant thoughts. They are now growing to really unpleasant thoughts when all the sudden something happened. We are going through an area of the park that is a secluded walking trail. Here I am surrounded with the beauty of autumn trees dancing in the gentle wind and tiny leaves are falling to the ground. Bahhhh, go away, I am NOT finished thinking unpleasant thoughts about a certain person and what chaos they have created in everybodys life. Then, IT hit! I heard it and felt it go by. Luke turned around and looked at me.

Nothing like a big ole Hedge apple falling inches from your head to give you a proper attitude adjustment on a beautiful autumn afternoon. ......At least Luke, the Wonder Dog still loves me!

15 comments:
Ouch! Glad it didn't brain you!
xoxo
hmmmmm... You don't think it's in retaliation for all the fruit jokes do you? ~Sie
LOL, Karmic warning, maybe? Stop, relax and breathe. Love you.
I hope it isn't as big as it is in that picture. I've never seen one before. (I'm such a Yankee)
Candace
Whoa Nellie! Close call!
How big are those suckers?
Jimmy
Glad it missed-guess you just needed a reminder instead of a cracked head, which would have added to your bad attitude. Hang in. Margo
At least you got home before the rain hit. I used to love finding those hedge apples as a kid and throwing them against inanimate objects. Damn. I wish I could throw some now!! lol
Love,
Russ
Kinda makes you wonder if there ins't some squirrel with "attitude" running around up in that old tree taking pot shots at innocent strollers-by. Paulette
Holy Cow Batman!! Things happen for a reason....definitely a warning at the very least!
BTW - I really enjoy your Journal, which I just stumbled upon when doing a search for "Saturday's Child is..." . Thanks for making me laugh; love the humor!
Becky
ouch! Sending love your way today. judi
DANG
I don't think we have THOSE here! LOLLLL
xoxoxoxo,
little pea
I am glad to see things are going ok. I just got home for a few weeks so I am catching up on my reading...john
lol funny...and come on try to think happier thoughts...just for me ;-)..please visit my journal..im shooting for a vivi in the young persons category.
--tim
http://journals.aol.com/animaquarius2500/IHaveaLifeThisisIt
helllooooooooooooo:):):):) judi
I'm so glad Judi linked to your journal today. I think I'll be back often.
We call those things osage oranges. I wonder if they have different names around the country?
Post a Comment