
Here is a picture of me on THANKSGIVING DAY. My son and his 3 kids were present as was a journal friend, ANDI. (see side bar for link) I was able to fix a lot of food ahead of time. I really do not know how I did it when my kids were little. I used to get up in the wee hours and fix everything the same day, while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television. Here's to the MOMS everywhere that still do this, my hat is off to you!
I am going through butter withdraw, trying to use a 12 step program. Seems like butter is in everything that one cooks or bakes for holidays. The famous cook and cookbook author, Paula Deen, was asked what her favorite seasoning is and without missing a beat, her answer was, "BUTTER!"
We had some questions ready for the gradkids this year. Andi asked them, "If snow had a flavor, what flavor would you like it to be?" One said, Cherry, another said, "He stole my answer!" and another said cotton candy. I also asked my friend RUSS (Inner and Outer Demons) and his answer was "Butter!" So, I guess I will ask you, "What flavor would you like snow to be?"

Seems like they are enjoying the pumpkin pie, perhaps they will change their mind and wish for pumpkin pie flavor.
I am going to end this post by saying that I do not nor will I ever endorse the ads placed above my journal or ANY AOL journal. Please do not click on the above ads.
NOW, are you ready to RUMBLE? Christmas is just a few days away! Ho Ho Ho!

13 comments:
You are looking good, Anne!
My preference, of course, is chocolate!
xoox
So, no pictures of Russ????? When you met him at the Peanut?
Great picture of you! Oh ya, the kids are cute too! rich
It's so good to see a post from you again. That picture of you is so beautiful. I always use real butter, never margarine by the way. They're both bad for you, so why not? A late Happy Thanksgiving and I'd better see more from you before Christmas.
I just love Paula Deen! Ain't she great!
I love butter too, but it doesn't love me.
lol
Connie
Nice to see a picture of you, and I'm glad you had a good holiday. I think snow tastes like frozen air, and i wouldn't want it any other way. Margo
Anne! Nice to see you. how's the sub zero? I'd like my snow to taste like... hmmm....sorbet, light lime sorbet. ~Sie http://persnicketypfft.blogspot.com/
Put some BUTTAH on it!!!
What a great pic!
Thank you, for being you.
xoxoxo,
andi
anne (and andi too); i wanna metchu guys!! not fair that russ got to and i din't. (yeah, you'd never know i just turned 35, wouldja? snicker) am glad you had such a great time, grankids and all...!!! love ya, debra (ps. you so pretty!)
Great pictures. Glad you had a good time. I guess I'd like any flavor snow as long as it wasn't "yellow". Remember trying to catch snow flakes on your tongue? Paulette PS I don't like the ads either, won't support the advertizers therein.
Your kitchen is GORGEOUS, Anne!! As are you! ;)
HONKS,
Russ
there's my buddy! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving with the kids. I would like my snow to taste like blackberries. :):) Hope you are getting some rest now.
And how is that fridge?
:)
judi
Looks like you all had a good time. It is good to see you back writing again. I begin to worrry and have withdrawal when you are absent for long stretches. It was very strange for us to have such a quiet holiday. Christmas will be different though, we have four children and five grandchildren who plan on being in attendance. I'd better get busy and finish those doll clothes! Paulette
Post a Comment