It was bound to happen. We now have 3 new words to add to our English language.
1. Whale tail A whale tail is a thong showing above your pants when you bend over. Shoot, some of these "low-riders" you don't even have to bend over. There is actually a website to see these babes. It is the obvious one, just add the dot com.
2. Muffin top A muffin top is not what the famous Seinfeld episode was about.....wanting to eat only the tops of the muffins and trying to dispose of the "stubs" This is something we are all subjected to nowadays. Muffin top is the belly bulge that is right about the low riding jeans. Unless you are really svelte, don't wear those things or you too, will be featured in a magazine with your belly flopped out and hopefully there will be a big black rectangle covering your face....that is, if you're lucky.
3. truthiness.......which is the word of the year, beating out muffin top and whale tale. Thruthiness is something that one may think or wish is the truth but isn't.........perfect example: James Frey and his book A Million Little Pieces. Don't even get me started on that book. It is our book club selection for next month and I will TRY to control myself. Hope I don't flash them my muffin top. It could make a lot of little ole ladies go blind. AND that is truthiness!

9 comments:
I am so tired of looking at bulging bellies and butt cracks on girls that I could gag. I suppose the guys like it, but some things just should be tucked in. So whale tale - shouldn't that be whale tail? Anyway, that is a new word but "doorwall" isn't in the dictionary.
It's sad, isn't it, when we have hit a point that when we threaten to flash it scares other people?
Molly says hi to Luke. Baby and Wiz are snoring.
xoxo
You are so right Suzy, and I have corrected the spelling. I WAS going to title my post A Whale TALE.......sorry. Anne
All your pastry parts are still hot, girlfriend!! My favorite Oprah-pimped book was "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. I re-read it so many times that the damn thing fell apart.
I love you
Russ
Whale tail, Muffin top and Trushiness. I wonder of Bush has introduced them into his vocabulary yet? Or if they are somehow on the "suspect" list? Entry was funny. Thanks for the laugh. It's good to see you blogging again. Paulette
I'm soooo far behind; I've never heard of any of these three new words yet, but I bet I do within the week. I've heard the controvery regarding Oprah's pick of that book; I have a friend who's going to lend it to me. Until I read it, I'm trying not to pass too much judgment either way on it.
have a great day!
betty
"Muffin Top!" I must have an entire cake! Talk about something in the oven!
I have a friend that is overweight who INSISTS on wearing thongs and it is the GODAWFULEST thing you've ever seen when she bends over. I didn't know they made em' that big. <shudder> (She's such a good sport though, I'd never say anything.) And ditto on the Wally Lamb book! FABULOUS!
One last thought, that Frey is a schmoe. Oprah verbally bitch-slapped him a good one, although I do think it's more the publisher's fault than his. He's a dry drunk, as you say, and I think he'll be wet soon enough. Sad.
I love you, Pea. :)
Little Pea
I remember the first Whale tail I saw. I couldn't stop staring. Low riders and thongs do not belong on the same person. Mrs. L
You sure you're not pulling our legs? LOL rich
Post a Comment