Thursday, January 19, 2006

UPDATE

I'm alive and well and living in Arizona for now. Doc Holiday and I came down right before New Years and I will be here for awhile. Doc left Sunday to go home and then the cool weather moved in.....burr! Today it is windy and cool, but reminds me of autumn weather in Kansas.  We are going to set a record here in the valley. 100 days without rain. When most of the west coast is praying for it to stop, here we are, begging for it.

With BIG apologies to the devine MRS. L., I will now answer the questions she tagged me for.

http://journals.aol.com/jevanslink/AskMrsLinklater/  

5 WEIRD Habits.............MOI?  WEIRD? (My family assured me, that I feel into this category with ease!) These are the only ones I am willing to print.

1. I always over-tip breakfast waitresses.  (They don't make much money and aren't doing it for the "fun" of it!)

2. I, along with TOONGUY, can't throw away boxes. Once a year I try to throw them out, but hey, ya never know when that box will be needed.

3. I can NOT throw away certain wonderful pieces of clothing. I know I will never wear it again and I need the whole cedar walk-in closet downstairs for storage but this is my memory book. I have socks from high school, prom dresses, the first polyester dress EVER made, the dress I wore to my husbands medical school graduation, the outfit I wore to meet Lana Turner, the outfit I met Captain Kangaroo, the dress I wore to my first Broadway Play........you get the picture.

4. I buy the ugliest pair of men's socks I can possibly find and beautifully gift wrap them to present to my son as a gag gift. He doesn't think it's too funny and gives them back to me. Jokes on him, when I die!

5. I have been told I overuse the word "anyway" (I can live with that, anyway, who cares?)

I have also decided to add a few ODD FACTOIDS about myself. Ones that I am willing to admit and release to the world.

1. I changed my first name decades ago. (I hated my name and people could never remember it.)

2. I once had a verbal altercation with a mid-level manager of a now defunct airline and security was called to escort me out ofthe airport. Later on I received a letter of apology from the president of the airline with a FREE ticket to anywhere they flew. Next week, they went under.

3. I once had a fungus, the size and shape of a dried bean grow inside of my nose in my sinuses.

4. I keep my sons old bloody wisdom teeth stored in a beautiful box.

5. I once visited a FEDERAL prison, drove up to the Guard tower (with 2 girlfriends) and asked to visit their gift shop. AFTER the guards stopped laughing, I was told to leave. Security was NOT called on that one. My girlfriend in the car with me told me the best purse she ever got was from a prison gift shop. It was NOT one of my finest moments.

I'll leave you with a great quote I heard last night:

WHEN PLANNING REVENGE, BEST TO TO DIG 2 GRAVES!

Off for some Chinese.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all your weird habits - especially over-tipping breakfast waitresses. I'm going to remember to do that one. I thought I had lost your journal on alerts; glad to hear you are in Arizona and managing pretty well.

betty

Anonymous said...

I don't know if "weird" fits here...more like clever and imaginative...I'd laugh at the socks.

I would like your permission to try out that prison gag.

Fun list to read!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you have brought some rain with you, Anne?  LOL  I don't think we'll have any problems reaching that 101 day without rain mark.  I'm enjoying the crisp weather, though!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Well DANG..glad to hear you are well and ...crisp.

hahhaaaaaaa

xxoxoxoxo,

andi

Anonymous said...

I am happy to know you ae alive and well and living in Arizona. I have decided nobody likes thr weather they have this winter. Mother Nature is playing games with us. That might be one of my foiblel, however, believing that Mother Nature has such an odd sense of humor! Margo

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how great it is to see you writing and being all Anne again!!  ;)  It's been nice here this week in our little neighborhood -- but rain, sleet and snow are forecast for Friday.  Still want the moisture?  Want to trade weather?

Major HONK,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Anne
It's really good to have another post by you.  Welcome back!  This was a great entry, I learned a little more about you.  Have fun in Arizona, I hope Doc. makes it back to you soon.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I think you are great :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Welcom back, I've missed yoj!  Boxes, eh?  I was so sick of boxes once we moved into the house here that I gleefully got a box cutter, oened them up flat and haippily toted them out to the curb for recycling.  Now, I haven't got a box anywhere when I need one.  Damn!  Thanks for sharing.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Hey, Anne ... I share odd factoid number one with you.  Well, actually, I wasn't the one who changed it.  My grandfather did, the day my mother brought me home from the hospital.  He called me Tina, and for some reason, it stuck.  Thank you, Grandpa !! ( I don't care for my name, either )  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

I go by my middle name--but never have or will change my first name. I don't dislike it, but it's my dad's name--all forms of it. So, what's yours?
I save boxes and some old clothes. I still have a pair of Christmas socks (red with little green trees) when I was 12, and I still wear them every Christmas. I guess if you only wear something once a year, they don't wear out! As to the boxes, I get tired of all of them cluttering up the space, so go through a periodic purge. Then wish I hadn't!