Luke the Wonder Dog, Doc and Joe are relaxing in Docs Valentine present. It's a "man" thing.......just gotta be. Doc has always wanted a finished garage. He said it can be used for his tools (all 5 of them) and storage. OK, I'll be the first to say, I just don't get it. He really doesn't have a knack for fixing things. In fact the last thing he fixed, ended up costly us a BUNCH to be repaired. I have discovered he just wants a place to putter! He needs his own domain. The floor has been epoxied and the cabinets are in place and walls painted. He has been sitting out there for two days now, watching people pass by and talking to a few of them, listening to the neighbors yell across the street to each other wondering how much it cost! He reads his books out there and pets the dog out there and has brought the chair from out back to rest in. The electrical outlet for a (God forbid) tool or a lamp will go in soon. I told him I am going to the store tomorrow for a piece of carpet so I can move the rest of the chairs and the table in there. I am thinking what next, art work? I wonder how his tools would look framed? hmmmmmmm
We decided to go out to a local gourmet grocery today for a nice lunch. They have wonderful places to sit outside and eat. I can tell you that having a very common first name for each of us and an equally common last name, every time we order out or get "take out" it's always wrong. So, as we were walking up to the lunch counter I looked at Doc and said, "Today, could you just use somebody else's name? Just do this so our order won't be screwed up, OK? PLEASE?" Having just returned from the gem show in Tucson, I was thinking I would use the name Pearl, Ruby or Garnet. Image my surprise when our order was up and they yelled, Vonderharr? Vonderharr, You're order is up! He said the look on my face was priceless and YES, I do believe it was...............HOW DOES HE THINK OF THESE THINGS? The strange thing is, I know he didn't have to think long, as his brain is just permanently wired that way.
Gotta run, Ruby needs her ice cream and Dr. Vonderharr is getting testy!


10 comments:
I would love that garage, and I use tools! That is lovely.
Luke looks adorable, as always :)
xoxo
just bring out 1 tool at a time...lol~kbear
Here's the scoop, Anne Darlin' -- you're married to a GUY. They need to be around tools and concrete and the smell of caulk for extended periods of time. And they need time away from their women. Hey! You heterosexuals invented the rules...KEEP UP! ;)
Love,
Russ
The only reason I'm almost ready to celebrate my 40th anniversary is that I'm married to a man with a great sense of humor. Obviously, so are you.
The best thing we ever went in debt for was Cliff's shop. He practically lives out there; of course, he's always tinkering on tractors and machinery, etc. So it's a different type of shop. But it's his favorite place and his best therapy.
I love it! So neat your husband has a place to putter; I think its essential we all have a place where we can just go to be "us" wherever that is that helps us to be "us". (I hope that made sense).
Could be fun to use different names now at restaurants, etc. Imagine the confusion that might cause :)
enjoy the day, but I think you already are
betty
Vonderrhar eh, and Ruby? Glad to have a heads up here! I woke up Fargo Pup laughing at this entry. Is that garage going to suffer the same fate that my grandparents basement did? You know, divided all up into "his" and "hers", with stuff being moved from section to section but never "out"? Paulette
Hahahaha! I've never known a Vondeharr before and it's a pleasure to know one in cyberspace. Men are cut from the same cloth. They all make a big deal out of their tools, their restored classic trucks and those money pit they call boats. I am married to one and to think, we'll be celebrating our silver anniversary soon. I must be out of my mind! LOL.
Ohhhh My!
Now I remember why I love that goofball hubby of yours so much...that happy face when he is in geek-heaven!
*How's Lukester today? You need to tell the rabbit story.
Much Love,
little pea
I loved the comment you made about the Doc not really having a knack for fixing things. My husband, who is all thumbs in the fixit department, once told me: " Honey, I am not a 'handyman' .... I am a 'pay-the-man.' " And it's soooo true ! Glad to see that your hubby is happy with his new room. Tina
Anne
It is so important for Doc, like most of us men, to have his own space. Call it a garage, a rec room, a hobby shop, or a chillin' spot, it doesn't matter. It's his and he will love it! I cracked up about the remark re the neighbors yelling back and forth wondering about the cost. I hope the Vonderharr's order was not screwed up, LOL!
Sam
Post a Comment