Saturday, March 11, 2006

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

Please remind me that I am in Arizona right now. It's 11:51 pm and it is 37 degrees outside with a windchill! We finally got rain after going 143 days without a drop. It started raining about this time last night and by this morning it was really coming down at a nice pace. What's more amazing is that 8 miles north of my house there was snow!  They are reporting 3" of snow. 

Luke the Wonder Dog and I were taking our nightly stroll a little while ago and thank goodness I was wearing a warm winter coat, but my hands were freezing while holding the flashlight. I could swear that I saw a few flakes of snow go by.

Enough about the weather report. I just arrived home from San Francisco a few days ago. It rained there also. I met a fellow blogger, Albert, of Artsy Albert, who has moved his blog to Blogspot. It's Alberts World of Artsy Fun.  Be sure to stop by and say Hi to him and you can see the woman behind Glinka....haaaaaaa! WE had an absolutely grand time and the only thing I wish we had was more time to spend together.  Next time.

My son, daughter in law and baby-girl Isabella were in San Francisco also. My husband flew in from Kansas City to join us. We had some fabulous food and fun times. Isabella was so good the entire time AND she learned how to crawl while there.

I am expecting my other son and our three Grandkids from Kansas City to arrive in a few days. I love them dearly and it will be good to see them. Patrick fell and broke his arm last week, the day before his birthday. It's his second broken arm. We plan to celebrate his birthday while he is out here. Last year he fell at school and broke out his front teeth. OUCH!!  I went shopping for them a couple of days ago, picking up summer clothes, swimsuits, etc. The news people say it will be sunny and in the 70's by the time they arrive.

I stopped by Flo's and picked up some Chinese the other night. I gave a fake name, because they always give me somebody else's meal if I give my own common name. I gave the name PEARL......and she just looked at me, like she knew. I just smiled and said Pearl, again.  I decided to run up to Starbucks and pick up a paper while they prepared my food. Sometime in the 15 minutes it took to prepare my food, I arrived back to see if it was ready to pick up. "NAME, they asked."  I said, "Ruby............uhhhhh, no, make that Pearl!"  I gotta fine tune my brain.  Now I will leave you with the funniest fortune cookie fortune I ever got and it was in San Francisco.  It said: Wife no come, Me no come, Baby come, HOW COME?

That's all folks!               Anne

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It got up to 81 on Saturday here in your homeland!  Time to come back to Joco where you belong, woman!!

Love always,
Russ

Anonymous said...

glad you finally got some moisture down there! Hoping it does warm up for you as the week goes on. I loved the fortune cookie saying and I loved your "Pearl" story with the food.

enjoy your visit with family :)

betty

Anonymous said...

    I can't believe that fortune cookie, Anne !  LOL    I have taken a real interest in fortune cookies, ever since I lived in Denver.  Got one once that said " You will move near Hollywood and live among the stars", during a lunch that my husband and I were meeting at, to decide whether to move back to Los Angeles !  Well, I couldn't go against my 'fortune', now could I ?  So ...here I am !!!
      Glad you had a good time in San Francisco.  Hope that weather warms up for you soon .... after you get the rain you need there.   xx   Tina   xx

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until all this mud in my backyard dries up now.  We got over an inch here on the west side, as did most parts of the valley!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I heard you got snow out there! It was nice and warm here today - in the 60s, so I took the hog dogs out for a 3 mile walk. We will get snow on Tuesday, though. Want it?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time in San Fran, Glink-ette.

;)

xoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled that you got to meet Albert!
He's such a sweet guy!
Love ya,
Connie

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you got to meet Albert, and even better that the family is going to gather. Have a good time. Margo

Anonymous said...

When Ernie retired from the Federal government they had a nice farewell "roast" for him.  At one point during his speech Ernie commented that he didn't know how he got five kids.  It brought the house down!  I'm glad your having a good time in Arizona.  Frisco's only a couple of hours from here!  Paulette

Anonymous said...

It must have been pretty cold up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!