Tuesday, September 12, 2006

BURNING MY CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS

"SLOW down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last"  (oldie but goodie)

I had an important meeting today. I also had trouble sleeping last night, probably knowing that I had the meeting scheduled. I slept for a bit and then my feet hit the floor and I found myself moving at rapid pace.   HURRY, HURRY! I ran upstairs checked the dog, gave him his meds, ran into my upstairs bathroom and started washing my hair. After washing my face I tossed my my washcloth into the bathtub; where I had enjoyed a delightful candlelit leisurely bubble bath last night.  Then I saw another washcloth and tossed it over towards the bath. I didn't quit make it into the tub, but that was ok, I was in a hurry. All of the sudden I smelled a smell that I hadn't smelled in awhile.  I walked over, picked up the washcloth that had no made it into the bathtub, and found it was smoking and dark brown..............."holy sh*t, BATMAN, we have a fire!"   Seems like I didn't blow out one of the candles next to my bathtub last night.    WHOOPS!     Now you know why the small print reads, "never leave a candle burning unattended"     

THANK GOD, he watches out for children, old men and fools!  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess after that favor from God, you were feelin' groovy!!  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

amen to that; thank the Lord you are safe tonight :)

betty

Anonymous said...

but you are none of the above ~~Mary

Anonymous said...

Glad you are safe and a potential fire had been averted.  Your Momma didn't raise no fool, Ann!  

Anonymous said...

Well, I fit into the last two categories. Glad I'm not alone!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the fire was contained to a washcloth!  Hope  you made it to your meeting all in one piece and filled with serenity (whatever the heck that is).  The drama in our life has sent me back to the doc for meds.  So far the placebo effect has taken hold and I feel great!  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that it ended well.   I am afraid to light my candles anymore, seeing as how my memory is just that ... a memory.  If I lit a candle, my house probably would be, too.  Tina

Anonymous said...

May I just selfishly insist you BE MORE CAREFUL!!??  I can't handle losing you.  HONK!

Russ

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  I heard Andi singing to you...how sweet!

Glad the fire wasn't serious! I love candles and have about 50 of them out and about!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, and I am so glad God was looking out for you. I hope He continues to all year. Margo

Anonymous said...

I love Simon & Garfunkle! And, that's one of my favorites...

Happy Birthday!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Glad it was just the wash cloth, and that you caught it quickly.  Fire is a frightening thing.  Paulette