Friday, February 16, 2007

Sunset in Arizona

DSC00081.jpg

Pointing to my head and screaming, "SINUS" seems to be what I did this morning. There is no consoling a bad sinus headache, so I drowned my misery by watching a couple of movies. 

I highly recommend "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Infamous"  Both were entertaining in different ways.   The first one teaches so many lessons, but unfortunately would not be suitable for little ones because the grandfather (who is brilliantly played by Alan Arkin) loves porn and loves drugs and it shows him doing both.  IF you are able to get around this fact then you will enjoy the movie. I say it's for adults. 

The second movie, "Infamous" is about Truman Copote, his life and the book he wrote, "In Cold Blood"  It is the second movie about Truman and this subject and in my opinion the best movie. I remember those days when I used to watch Truman on television and although just a young girl, found him humorous, fascinating and pitiful all in the same bag.  It explains his life as well as the terrible murders that look place in Kansas. Sandra Bullock plays Harper Lee, brilliantly, I may add.  So, if you find yourself in the misery of winter, I say rent these two movies.

If not, go enjoy a sunset or tell somebody you love them or go for a walk or just pull the covers up and go back to bed.   

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thin you are hartier than I am-even without a sinus headache, I'm wantinng to pull the covers over my head. Of course it could have to do with a -4 wind chill and the two inches of solid ice on my whole driveway! Margo

Anonymous said...

I used to love it when Truman Capote was on the Tonight show.  Have you seen the videos of his aging aunt, the one who raised him, on the Tonight show, giving advice?  She died in the past few months, but such a hilarious old woman she was!  They called her the Fruitcake Lady.  

Anonymous said...

I've read  In Cold Blood  twice.  I loved Truman's writing.  As a person I thought he was In A Really Bad Place all the time.  I guess we benefited from that in his wriiting, but it must have been hell for him.  
Grandpa's like porn & drugs. It's true. :-)  ~Mary

Anonymous said...

All excellent suggestions, my Dear.  I think perhaps I shall do all three.  "In Cold Blood" was was of the scariest books I ever read.  Mostly because it was hard to understand how any  human beings could be so cold blooded.  Brrr.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I opted for a wild ride to the airport car rental area, surely causing a sinus headache to turn into a migraine. Sorry!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I used to get horrendous sinus headaches in Los Angeles from the smog. Then I came to Texas and I still get them from all the dust & dirt. I was thinking about going to the Arizona desert so everything would clear up...........Thanks a lot. You've dispelled THAT theory..... (lol)   Jon