Sunday, April 15, 2007

WHO KNEW?

So, here I sit on a Sunday afternoon.   I ask you, what could make a grown women let loose with the F-bomb?  WHAT could make me lose my bowels mid sentence?  (well, ALMOST lose!)  

I decided to take Luke, the wonder dog, out for his third walk of the day.  We went out the front door and I always look around. Looking in our outside portico to observe the nature of things. Tis the time for nature to enter our safe area.  Luke was ready to forge ahead, but I turned tail and headed inside and called to Doc to call the fire department STAT. Now Doc has a hearing problem. (He can't hear shit) but I have a deep and deliberate voice when called for.   Call the fucking fire department, NOW!    It seems there was a western diamondback rattlesnake in the corner of our outside portico.  I have a keen eye, espeically since our neighbors on both sides have had them in their yards.

I told Doc to open the garage door and inspect the garage.  My one neighbor had a sidewinder in his garage and another rattler in his front yard.  WTF am I still doing in Arizona this time of year?  Well, I am waiting for my one granddaughters birthday. OK, Doc called the fire dept. and they were out here in 5 mintues.  My ONLY regret is that Doc wouldn't go back into the house and get my camera ( P*SSY) so I could take a picture of Scottsdales' finest taking care of my little "problem" I admit that I am a "puss"  but honestly, ya could go thru the garage and get the camera, but NOOOOO!

   They came, they conquered and they left.   Interesting weekend.  Actually interesting week.  My son  and Isabella spent the night on Friday. He got a call that his new home was being broken into. He has an alarm system and it "told" the monitoring people that glass was broken.  Seems that his 3 dogs had charged the glass doors when strangers (burglars) were trying to break in. That was the impetus for the alarm to go off. The police are located just less than a mile. They stopped a truck heading down the road,  detained, searched and questioned the occupants. They found nothing in their truck, knew they were illegals, but it takes 2 hrs for immigration to arrive. They ask the occupants what they were doing in the area and their answer was to look for their "friend" and the sheriffs answer was that the deputy was located at the next door property that was being built and their "friend" was last seen (NOT)  

AND so it goes.  Which is worse, the snake or the burglers?   I don't like either one.  Which one is more deadly?   You tell me!  Seems like the world has gone mad.

All I know is that as an adult I almost lost my bowels on both instances. However, I knew my son and his family were safe at my house. (sans the snake)

This week, I am going to the gun range. I need to get my anger out and pinpoint my anger.  I'll let you know how my aim is.......one thing I know, is that if YOU come into my house without ringing the bell or knocking...............I can close my eyes,  but you can kiss your A$$ goodbye.  It's the wild, wild west!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you and Toto need to get back to Kansas.

Anonymous said...

Hm, I went walking at night alone without even a flashlight while out there? I am so glad you looked first!!

I was supposed to learn to fire a handgun while there also, but my shoulder surgeon said maybe next time. Damn. I should be back in June, but you will be safely in Kansas with Toto by then! :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

My God, Anne - what a weekend!  Are you sure you aren't in Texas instead of AZ??
Being rattled by a rattler is bad enough - - being almost burgled by burglars (ILLEGAL ones, no less) is even worse! You'd think that with three dogs and an alarm system your son's house would have been fairly safe.
Now you know why we Texans tote guns all the time.. Learn how to shoot STRAIGHT and be SAFE .........        Jon

Anonymous said...

You know, the whole time I've lived here (Ten years gone, now) I've yet to see a snake, either in the neighborhoods or out hiking.  Haven't seen a scorpion, either.  I look for both, just never seen any.  Knock wood!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

why is it that snakes and illegals are making their way into our lives more and more? Snakes I can understand, we're encroaching on their habitat, but the other blight? Yeesh.

Ready, aim...

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, Anne!  There is nothing I hate worse than snakes.  Well, okay the thieves would be a strong contender for the title.  It sounds like you've got a great fire AND police department out there.  Thank goodness for our men in uniform, heh?  The practice on the firing range sounds like a good idea.  A permit to carry might be in order, too.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which scares me more...  A snake, a robber.... or YOU with a gun.  lol.   Glad everything is ok.  ~Sie

Anonymous said...

Both incidences sound scary.  We've lived around rattle snakes for years and I still hate them.  When we moved into the house here our next door neighbors told us that they had had two rattlers at their place, one out back and one in their garage.  I haven't seen any here.  When I walked the dogs last summer we did come across a large discarded rattlesnake skin, which the dogs thought was pretty super.  Dumb me, I wouldn't let them have it.  Glad to hear that everyone is well and safe.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun living in 'Rattlesnake territory'?  Now that the weather is warming up, I am keeping my eyes peeled.  I haven't found one in my yard yet, although I did find a rather good sized but harmless garden-type snake coiled up in my garage a few years back, and another slithering through my shrubs last summer.  Creepy, isn't it?  Maybe I should wear Depends when I work in my garden?  LOL    Tina

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think I'll stay in CT. We, too, have the burglers, but no rattlesnakes! Margo PS Glad nobody was hurt either time.