Doc and I went to San Francisco for the 4th of July. We wanted to pick a place that was very cool and if you know anything about California/San Fran. ya know that July is the coolest month that San Francisco has. We indulged ourselves on good food, good wine, a good martini or two, shopping and a good bedtime. Doc spoiled me with breakfast in bed every morning. (How could he not know after 40 years that I can't eat anything in the morning?) The coffee was good and strong...........just like I love my men...........I mean man! It was fun to explore the new shopping areas around Union Square and to shop a bit. We even learned new ways to navigate the city. Our hotel was perfect and we were on the 14th floor. It was fun to watch the fog roll in.
I had to make a side trip to Arizona. We have had our retirement house for 14 years and it is time to update. I was told by a friend that the tile that was laid had a mirror finish. I didn't order a mirror finish so I flew to Arizona to inspect it myself. Much to my relief the tile was just fine. My accommodations, however, were a bit over the top. My commode was sitting in my shower. There was another commode down the hall in the main bathroom, however the flooring was bare and covered in concrete dust and bits. Both bathrooms had a film covering everything. I used the bathtub in the master bath, after spending 20 minutes cleaning it.
Imagine my surprise when my refrigerator was in the family room. The tile that was being laid was marked off in what I could walk on and what I couldn't walk on. In the middle of the night, I hopscotched my way down the hallway to the "gas station" toilet.
I survived it all. Now I am going to stay put for at least a few weeks. The monsoons were alive and well in Scottsdale. We actually got almost 2" of rain one night.
Kansas is a midsummer nights dream. Clicking my ruby reds..............."there's no place like home!"
NOTE: I HAVE PICKED TIRED, NOT THOUGHTFUL with the mood selection item, BUT IT SEEMS TO THINK I AM THOUGHTFUL INSTEAD...............who knew?

19 comments:
oh you jet-setter you!
i was exhausted just reading about your travels (and other chaos, like partially renovated bathrooms, kitchens, and floors! ~oh!my!~). breathe lady breathe
So, are you saying you're back in the midwest and ready to visit Redneck Central? You're ready to meet Blue? Nothing can prepare you for such adventures, but I'm ready if you are.
Whew! what a trip, but that's awesome and i LOVE the photos! i knew you out and about, but 4states in 3 weeks-wow! one day i want to get back to San Francisco if i could only win that lottery i need to be everywhere at once...lol welcome home!~kbear
how fun!!! it is nice to get up and go and then its nice to come home and stay put; so glad you got to do a little of both :)
betty
I haven't been in San Francisco for a long time. We used to stay for a three day weekend prior to seven days of skiing at Lake Tahoe. I've been to Phoenix for the NASCAR race there.
How you can fly so much in so little time is mind-boggling. I hate flying and unless I'm half in the bag, I'm not a happy camper. BTW - I sent you an email re karaoke and you didn't answer.
Jimmy
You've had the retirement home for 14 years & Doc hasn't retired yet. You are working him like a dog to pay for your vices.Obviously he isn't spending the cash cause this is a man who still wants you to let him buy $10 shoes. If he had a blog, I bet "tired" would stick.
You know the way you always end emails to me? I stole that & now use it when I email Chicklet ;). ~Mary
Wow! You have really been getting around! Your condo will be beautiful when it's done - it was beautiful before you started :-)
Enjoy your down time - you earned it!
xoxo
Looks like you had a whale of a time!
And there was me thinking my carbon foot print was big!
Gaz ;-)
It looks like you guys had a terrific time. Glad you're home safe and sound. (If your journal says you're "thoughtful", you're "thoughtful"; who are you to argue?)
Lori
Well you've been busy just everywhere! And although you've been traveling non-stop and should be tired, you sound more happy than tired. :)
You got home just in time for West Nile season! :( Our little county has had three cases already -- be careful!!
Russ
SOunds like some good, exhausting times lol! Hey I love that song, "Homeless" thank goodness Paul Simon gave LBM a platform yrs ago, now everyone knows and loves that sound! What out for that "Moods" thing, they give you so many by the time you're done looking it can change your original mood lol. xoxo CATHY
Going away for a while is always nice, but it's wonderful to finally get back home. I've been to San Fran in the summer, and your right...it is very comfortable and such a beautiful town. I wish I had more time than I did there, but what time I did spend there is time I will never forget.
Glad your back home my friend!
Connie
Sounds like you had a lovely time in San Fran. I love that city too, and the ever present coolness is a real relief. Glad the vacation place is getting fixed up, sounds like those night trips were a bit of a hassle. Paulette
glad you having a good time sounds wonderful. take care mort x
See that Anne? Your PC believes it knows what mood you're in, isn't that great lol? No wonder your Aiz home felt like Oz, what with a commode in the shower and the fridge in the rec room. I smiled picturing you hopscotching it down the road like Dorothy, just to use the b-room at a gas stattion lol. But hey, with that man bringing you strong morning coffee, it's paradise "found"! xoxo CATHY
(subliminal message)
I need to update my journal
I need to update my journal
Connie might go into Anne withdrawls
Connie might go into Anne withdrawls
update journal
update journal
HA!
happeeee meee
i haz it,
winks, debra
Post a Comment