Sunday, August 10, 2008

SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING CROWN


IT'S HER birthday and she'll laugh if she wants to!  Yes, it is the 'SISTERHOOD" of the traveling crown.  There are three of us who always get together for our birthdays.........no matter what!!!   It's Jill's birthday and we have a tradition of wearing a tiara.  Well, the darn thing broke.........after many years of use, so we have graduated to a crown!  It is a big, honest to goodness CROWN.  We are waiting for the banner to wear that will go with it.

Now I want you to know that great stories were told and they were mostly true. Great secrets were revealed and you would have to do a Chinese water tourture to get us to reveal and even that wouldn't work.  Adult beverages were served along with fabulous food.  Some cigarette were smoked. (cough, cough) 

The best thing is the company and sisterhood of my dear friends.The YaYa's are tried and true.   As Shelly once said, "YA KNOW, YOU LOOK GOOD IN A CROWN"

AND so it goes...................know anybody who derserves the crown?  It's on loan, but you have to send it back.  It's available to ALL "queens."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL.....................and many

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jill...and Anne....and....great pics!   happy you had a great time   sure does look like it....hugz~kbear

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to celebrate.  So nice you can get together like that.  I love the idea of the crown.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are to have such good friends.  What a wonderful tradition.  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Jill. That looks like my kind of party.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What good is a crown unless it is BIG? Excellent way to celebrate. Good friends & a BIG CROWN.
You guys know how to party.  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL.  ~Mary
ps(there should be more pictures of you ;-).

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jill!! wonderful traditions to have with wonderful friends!!! that is so neat to read about :)

glad a good time was had by one and all :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anne, I think that is so wonderful.  I've moved around so much that I've never been able to maintain that close of contact.  Look at us, took 40 years to reconnect!  But I'm so glad we did  -- thanks to you.  Maybe one of these days we can actually see each other!  :O  Keep on celebrating dear.  Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

when i worked at a very rural clinic in alabama (there was only 3 folks working there, the doctor, the nurse, and me; yet on an average day, we saw about 60 people a day); the nurse and i became good friends.  she was of the belief that we all should wear tiaras to let our inner princess/queen come forth.  so sometimes, both she and i would don our loveliness, strength, etc, in the form of a tiara.  sometimes we just need that extra boost to remind ourselves we are royalty.

and ya know?  you tend to hold your head up when wearing one.

grins, debra

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition! I love your picture collage.  How do you do that?

Donna

Anonymous said...

That's a great tradition.... How FUN!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Wellll...I'm a "queen", but I only look good in baseball caps.  That looks like a fun group!!

love & honks,
Russ

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!  And I absolutely love the picture slide show!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I love that tradition - and the long-term friendships that go with it  :-). Happy Birthday to Jill!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

The pics are great and the crown looks fabulous.  The one really bad/sad thing about all of our moving about is that I haven't kept any long-time friends.  My one true, old friend died of cancer several years ago and she is irreplaceable.  I've attempted to reach out and make friends at all of our last three homes, but the older you get the harder it is.  Perhaps when I'm "retirement home" age friendships will be a part of the routine.  Thanks for sharing.