Saturday, October 17, 2009

IT'S MY MOOD 'TUDE


It's Quarter to three
There's no one in the place
Except you and me
So set 'em up Joe
I got a little story I think you 'oughta know
We're drinking my friend, to the end of a brief episode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road



I know the routine
Put another nickel in that there machine
I'm feeling so bad
Won't you make the music easy and sad
I could tell you a lot
But you got to be true to you code
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road



You'd never know it
But buddy I'm a kinda poet
And I got a lot of things I wanna say
And if I'm gloomy, please listen to me
Till it's all talked away



Well, that's how it goes
And Joe I know your getting anxious to close
So thanks for the cheer
I hope you didn't mind me bending your ear
But this torch that I found, it has to be drowned
Or it soon might explode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road
That long
That long
Man it's a long
It's a long, long, long road

7 comments:

garnett109 said...

Great Song!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The journey is a crazy one and long sometimes, but too short at other times...I just try to hang on for the ride.

Jon said...

That is indeed a classic.....I can just hear Sinatra singing it.

Jimmy's Journal said...

A great song and performed exquisitely by Frank Siatra.

Jimmy

kbear said...

Great song! great lyrics! I could use that right now...

Cathy said...

Grew up on this music, thanks to my late Dad. Imagine, an innocent song like this and people are trying to see it not played by stations because of the idea of drinking and driving! WHO was thinking that way when this was written, it's not about that! I mean, the guy Frankie sang about (and many others) probably took a cab home! Geez, ppl are getting too touchy, this is a classic!

Unknown said...

Nice! Cool!