Tuesday, October 27, 2009

THINGS I'VE LEARNED DURING "GIRLS WEEK"


1. Don't fall asleep after eating olive tapanade without brushing teeth first.

2. Don't lean into the fireplace while lighting, unless you don't value your hair.

3. When maneuvering through a crowd extend elbows out like those football players do.

4. When attending a very crowed event make sure to drive the smart car. Find two giant yellow Penske trucks and park between them. (You CAN do it!)

5. Listening to soft music will help calm you down especially after attending afore mentioned event.

6. Burning all of your self-help books leaves you with that ever so satisfied feeling that the day is now complete.

Has anybody seen my Elvira costume?

8 comments:

Jimmy's Journal said...

Sounds like we had ourselves a good time, eh?

I tried to buy a self-help book once and when I asked the sales woman where they were, she said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Never take a laxative, cough medicine and a sleeping pill on the same night.

Jimmy

Donna. W said...

If you find a self-help book that really works, let me know.

Jon said...

Your list is great, but I'd like to add one more for the girls: Remember, if it has tires or testicles, you're eventually going to have trouble with it!

garnett109 said...

lmao at jon

kbear said...

those self help books go only so far. i tossed mine awhile ago...lol..glad you had a good time!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Nothing beats burning all the self help books. Of course mind the hair, I'm finding that out as my hair gets longer (winks). (Hugs)Indigo

Cathy said...

I loved these, esp #4 and 5. And always remember, madness takes its toll, so always have exact change! Nice to make blog visits again, I've been very lax.

betty said...

Every time I see a smart car I think of you Anne :)

seems like you learned a lot of valuable lessons during your recent girls week :) some of these you might be able to put into use again (hopefully)

(thank you for all your sweet comments regarding Koda and us on his silly blog :)

betty