Sunday, November 8, 2009

Anne's "A" list

I just finished watching the movie Australia and loved it. It came out the first part of this year and we never got around to seeing it in the theater. If you have a larger screen TV, you'll probably enjoy it even more. I watched it on the tiny one in my bedroom. I didn't know if I would like it because I am not a Nicole Kidman fan; I am however a Hugh Jackman fan. I give this movie a 5 popcorn bags rating. It has all of the things that the old fashion movies have. This movie has no nude scenes other than seeing the back of Hugh Jackman. But all of the parts were covered. It just proves that the implication of lust exceeds the vulgarity of the crap they put in movies nowadays. Nicole Kidman did an excellent job also.

It was satisfying on every level. It takes place just as the war was beginning in 1939. The scenery was excellent, the acting was very good and the storyline superb! So if you get a chance to rent it; do so!


Other films on my "A" list this year is Grand Tarino, staring Clint Eastwood. We saw this in a theater and after it was over, people actually clapped.......just like they used to do decades ago.


Last week I saw Slumdog Millionaire and also enjoyed that so very much. All of these are serious movies but very compelling. I have let my grandkids watch Slumdog and Grand Tarino and Australia. It really teaches lots of lessons on many levels and opens up dialogue.


Earlier this year, I saw a movie called, The Kingdom staring Jamie Fox and Jennifer Gardner. It's about an investigation into the death of an officer in Iraq. EXCELLENT.


Sorry to say that my boyfriend George Clooney has NOT made the list this year.


By the way, if Oprah can have her "O" list then I can have my "A" list.


More to come, after all, next month is Christmas. Maybe I'll do music next time.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for the recomendations. It's great to know there are good movies out there. I rarely go anymore but love to catch them later on at home.

Lori said...

I'm not a Kidman fan either, but I will watch this one. I liked the one she did years ago called Far and Away, a Ron Howard film, so I can get past not liking her if I like the movie. LOVED Gran Torino!!

garnett109 said...

cool , now i'll have to get them

Jimmy's Journal said...

You're the queen of the A lists. I saw Australia and I like it. Although a bit predictable, I like the intent and just rewrote the script in my own mind.

Jimmy

kbear said...

Saw Australia and loved it! now to one day see the rest...

05chtone said...

I absolutely loved Australia, wonderful film. After it finished I felt like I had lived it, I just watched it again and again.