I have enjoyed reading journals on AOL. Two of my favories are Alphawoman and Greyhoundloner03. I was encourged to start my own journal. Now, I can tell you about all of the journals that I have yet to write in. I have them in different colors and sizes, but still very few entries. So, I am going to give this a try.
Alphawoman has reminded me of my childhood. I was born and raised in Kentucky, but haven't lived there in years. She brought back some really good memories of my younger years. And to think, she went to school, right by the street I grew up on.
Greyhoundloner03, sweet Andie, is such a wonderful soul. We share the same problem of lack of sleep. We also LOVE true crime television. I question whether this could be an addiction and if it is, I can live with that. We also love our animals. If the truth be know, sometimes I prefer my dog over people.
My dog's name is Luke. You will hear a lot about him in futher postings. He is mostly blonde Lab with a little white sheppard mixed in for a good guard dog or doorbell. I adpoted Luke 5 years ago. He was a shelter dog. He looked so sad and thin. He loved being walked on a lead and was very genteel. He has been my best dog. He has a good life and so do I. We go well together. His painting hangs over our fireplace. My children once commented on his picture being over the fireplace instead of theirs. I reminded them that Luke has never asked for money or been in jail. He is walked nightly by my 75 year old neighbor, Jeanene. Other neighbors join them in their nightly walk. He is known over a 5 mile radius of our home. I have had to ask that people cut down the amount of treats that they give him as he is so loved that it is making him sick and the weight gain is starting to show.
Signing off for now, until later. Anne

1 comment:
Anne....you must know the school I refer to, but never by name...did you read my entry about the playground and the infamous meryy-go-round? If you lived on a near by street, I bet you took a ride on that wild monster. Welcome to Journal land and I look forward to hearing more about you and Luke. Thank you for your generous remarks about me! Mary
Post a Comment