I know, it's a strange subject, but a necessary one. I want every WOMAN to remember this. I have a few members of my family who are in the medical profession. (they are the good Docs) I have asked them many questions and they are always kind, very ethical and would never divulge any names, so I don't have to change names to "protect" the innocent.
I asked them what their biggest complaints about female patients were and it was two things: #1.......THONG underware. If you go to a doctor for Gods sake, do NOT wear a thong. Do you realize that if they are examining you, they have to move that "string" out of the way? If fact, I know of a couple of doctors that actually have tongs, for the thongs. Yes, you read that right.They have even been known to double glove. They said: We aren't touching that string!!! So, out come the tongs to move it to one side. It's butt floss alright! So do keep that in mind the next time you are getting ready for that annual visit. I will stick to my "granny" panties for those occasions. Yes, I saw Bridget Jones Diary. It was great, but I am talking about an exam and not sex. Just remember when you are laying on the exam table and the doctor comes in, they are scared of those thongs.
#2: Smelly feet. Yes, that was a surprise to me also. I told one doctor how I carefully prepare myself to go to the doctors. I take my bath and shave my legs, moisturize, powder and then dress. What a shock it was to find out it was feet. Just think about it. There we are, all layed back on the table, feet in the stirrups, toe tappin to the music, thinking about doing a random act of kindness when we leave and the doctor comes in, sits down and rolls that darm chair up for the exam. NOW, where is his or her head? That's right, next to your feet. Did we ever think about powdering those things, or putting on some extra lotion? I do remember one time that I wore new suede shoes. They were a wonderful shade of aubergine and when I took them off, my feet had turned purple. When the doctor walked in, I was standing by the sink, scrubbing them, one at a time......thank God I was wearing my "granny" panties. He told me not to worry about it, besides he had always liked that color. Gee, I wonder if they smelled like seude? I didn't ask because my face was almost the color of my feet. Anyway, now you know the two things we always need to remember when getting really for that annual exam. I just bet ya that you will always remember these two things from here on out. I think I will go powder my feet now. Signing Off, Anne

4 comments:
<b>Thanks for the advice. Having been in that precarious predicament (laid out,exposed and ashamed) many times, I would never have guessed! However, thongs will never be this grandma's major worry. Feet for sure! We always worry about the wrong thing, don't we!</b>
wonderful entry. Off-beat, delightful. :):) I am still chuckling.
I keep my socks on at the gyn, and go with clean feet, lol. The dermatologist encourages thongs, says he can see more, lmao. You just never know. But I do think about those things when I go.
Socks on!!!! I even carry a pair in with me!!!
Post a Comment