I love this piece or jewelry that my dear friend, Judy O. made for me. www.craftyjudy.com . Upon close examination you will find that the cross is slightly askew. It is most interesting to find out,when people first see this piece, whether they comment on the beauty of this glass art or the imperfection of the cross. I tell them that the cross is not imperfect, only we are!
This special piece is going to a lady in Texas, who taught me that one should see the special beauty in everyone. When you have a loved one or friend with a mental illness, brain disorder, or alcoholism, it is sometimes very hard to see the person and much easier to see the disease. These diseases affect the whole family and there are many dark days in one's life.
If you are a perfectionist, or expect your children to excel in everything they undertake, you will be so disappointed in your life. I think a person's shortcomings tell me more about them than their perfections do.
May we all look forward to the day when we embrace the beauty of an object or a person, regardless of imperfections. Signing Off, Anne

2 comments:
I am ashamned of myself, as my closest friend is an alcoholic and I have severed ties with her.
Life like all other things is less than perfection. Isn't it a miracle that your children love you too even when they find out you have a few warts and that you can be wrong? Love and caring enable us to accept each other imperfections and all.
Post a Comment