Sunday, September 18, 2005

SEEK AND YEA SHALL FIND!

My husband is brillant. He was at the top in his class at pharmacy shcool and in medical school.  He has many degrees and has accomplished many things in his life. He knows the meaning of words that I can not even begin to pronounce. Besides the physical attraction that one must initially have while dating, it was his mind that amazed me. He could speak french, although later I learned it was the words,"See the table." It still sounded romatic to my ears. He could understand physics. He recently taught himself greek to understand certain interpretations of the bible. He never ceases to amaze me.

His faith has deepened over the past few years. Our family has been put through many tests that have brought us to our knees. He is very faithful in  everything he does and that includes going to church. My faith has deepened also, but I do NOT feel the need to attend church all the time. I know that my faith is not contained in a building, but in my heart and in everything I see and do and experience. He goes to learn more. The learning experience will NEVER leave him, not even for a moment.

In a way it did not surprise me that he told me he was ready to start going to Sunday school. He belongs to a very large Methodist church in our area and likes to attend the Sunday evening service. I think there are 7 services that are offered on the weekends. I am amazed that the young minister is able to do all of these, but he does.....with love and grace, compassion and brilliance.

So, what Sunday school was he going to attend? There was a list that he went over and he decided to attend one that was held right before the Sunday p.m. service that he likes. He also liked the name of the class.

When he came home, I asked him how he liked it and he said it was fine. It was a mixed group and mostly over 40. One guy talked too much but he didn't seem overly enthused about it.

The other day he came and sat down on the bed to talk to me. I am sitting in a chair, typing on my laptop and he wants to TALK......hmmmm, that should have been my first clue. He said, "I have something to tell you." I looked up, peering over my glasses and stopped typing. He said, "You know that Sunday School class I attended.....Well, I got an email from somebody and I finally figured out that THE SEEKERS  is a SINGLES class.  All I could say was......I D I O T!!

<<<sigh>>> I know why God put me in his life. It's for balance! 

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how embarrassing.  So, is he changing classes now?

Anonymous said...

HAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


That Poor Man couldn't find his way out of a paper bag without YOU, SweetPea!


Great Story!

xoxoxo,
andi    ;)

Anonymous said...

(snicker)... a Dr. in a singles class and all he got was ONE e-mail?  still snickerin...  Susan

Anonymous said...

god love him, anne, god love him....

Anonymous said...

...hehehehehehehehehe!....mercy, God love doctors...my first stint after leaving teaching was with a great group of docs that started a surgery center....brillant, yes....but I always found behind every smart doc, there was always a more brilliant woman.....hi Anne <waving>...XOXOXO  E

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... Poor guy... Thank goodness he has you <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I can't help chuckling.  I once made the same mistake.  I was thinking spiritual seekers, not SWF seeking....

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit...I never expected this!
LOL!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Too funny.  I laughed out loud.  I taught fourth grade Sunday school in our Lutheran church in Colorado many years ago.  Made the mistake of mentioning to the class that we don't know with absolute certainty that Christ was born on December 25th, but that was the day Christiandomn had chosen to celebrate his birth.  Talk about traumatized kids, being told that Jesus wasn't born on Christmas!  I learned a little about childhood development that day, if nothing more, and that fourth graders aren't ready for abstracts like the one I presented them.  Thanks for the laugh.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I love the punchline...

Anonymous said...

Thank God ol' Doc Holiday admitted it to you!!  You are both lucky to have each other.  HONK!!  Russ

Anonymous said...

How funny! I once took a Bible Study class at Southland Christian (the mega church on Harrodsburg Rd) and loved it! I really should look into taking another one.

Anonymous said...

chortle chortle chortle. I am still chuckling. :):):) judi

Anonymous said...

Yes, he needs you. He cannot pick out his own license plates, either, lol...!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

"Seek and ye shall find!" Shows ya. all smart people have there moments. LOL rich

Anonymous said...

I wonder why the pastor didn't say anything to him.  Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend............. please know that we are thinking of you. This would have been my father's birthday as well. love, judi

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I would have done, LOL!  BTW, Happy Birthday!  I, too, am a Libra.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh!  LOL here.  See, as smart as he is, he was sent to you for a purpose!  Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday beautiful!  I just celebrated my mom's birthday this weekend.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  Judi told us. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

psssssssssst, secret's out, judi tipped us all to your birthday.  i hope you have a peaceful one with nothing but goodness.  love ya, debra

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anne!  Thinking of you and hoping that you and your hubbie are doing okay!!! (Andi--- ya know)  xxoo, Albert

Anonymous said...

Hey there, and happy birthday!!!  Judi busted you on the birthday tip, and let me among the multitudes to wish you a happy happy!

Anonymous said...

A lovely, little bird, named Judi, tells me that it is your birthday.
Happy Birthday!
It's my 1st time here to your journal. I will be back.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Just stopping to wish you a Happy Birthday!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

just wishing you a very happy birthday!!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com