
Bob came back today. He brought a guy named Jeff and they took my refrigerator drawers away. They are built in and they thought I needed a new compressor. <<<sigh>>> Meanwhile the original refrigerator they worked on seems to be OK. The freezer however is registering a nippy -16 degrees. The ice cream and meat could be used for lethal weapons. Remember the Alfred Hichcock episode where a women killed her husband with a rib roast and then cooked it and feed it to the policeman who came to interview her? ewwwww!
Bob was his usual charming self. Grunted and groaned until he could get the refrigerator out of the built in part. I was so glad it was him doing it instead of Doc or me. They both must have pulled on it for 10 minutes before I said, I think it is screwed into the floor. I saw them rolling their eyes...........a few minutes later I saw the screwdriver come out. Then it still wouldn't come out. I said I thought it was screwed down on BOTH sides. <<<sigh>>> All the while I am wondering how much is my MOUTH going to cost me?
I remember reading Susan (Pftt....sidebar) and her pool of doom. I have the sub-zero of doom and gloom. I hope it is fixed before Thanksgiving.
Let me add this up. So far this year I have had these things break down. Air conditioning, garbage disposal, washer and dryer, subzero refrigerators and automobile. They should be delivering my new furnace before Christmas.

9 comments:
I need the furnace. You can get a stove maybe? Or maybe you can be lucky and just get a hairdryer!
I bet you want to screw Bob to the floor. In someone else's house.
xoxo
Appliances, don't you just love them? not. (Making the sign to ward off appliance evil). Things come in 3's... You've had 6. Anne, you're such an over achiever. lol. ~Sie
Wonder where Bob got his training. The Acme Elementary School of Refrigeration?I imagine he just squeezed by with a D average, but flunked Personality 101. Therefore he never got to take Relating to the Client 101 or 102. And he's probably training Jeff. Hang in. Margo
But Bob will have to grunt and graon without you (hmm....that doesn't sound good does it?) because you'll be enjoying the furnance known as Arizona by then. : )
Candace
oh Anne...... Yes, I kept up with the pool saga, too. And I will say the same thing to you that I think I repeatedly said to Susan......
You poor thing! Bob makes a lot of money in his line of work? Maybe you and I should go to tech school and start a business.... I bet our butts are cuter than his.
I wonder if Bob reads blogs...... if so, "hey Bob!"
:):):) judi
This is so funny, I know I shouldn't laugh at your mishaps, but it's the way you tell 'em.
Sylvia
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/
hmm, Bob might be a relative of mine...that kind of disposition runs in families! But the bright side is, that list of breakdowns, while pretty lengthy, at least doesn't include YOU! LOL, least not yet...Good luck!
Jimmy
Hey, Sweetie -- maybe the appliances are absorbing all the 'bad luck' vibes so that you and doc can be healthy....and recover. The crummy luck is gone now and you can probably now enjoy a great holiday season. Do I sound insane? Yeah, well -- what do you expect??? ;)
HONK!!
Russ
Ah, better mechanical things than body parts! Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the modern conveniences. Seems like the life span on all of our major appliances ends about the same time. We put off having the brakes on one of the cars worked on until it cost us $600 to do the job. boy, was that frustrating! Paulette
Post a Comment