Tuesday, October 11, 2005

YOU MAKE ME FEEL.................

No, it isn't a new quiz going around in J-land....I am going to tell you about the new MAN in my life. His name is BOB. (name changed to protect the guilty) Bob is the repair man. He arrived this morning, dissappointed that the dust bunny collection that he did on Friday, did NOT solve the problem. Doc was there on Friday to talk to him about refrigeration and being billed in 15 minute increments I hope it was worth it and Doc can now add all of the information into his brain.

Now before you think I don't know how to sweep under my own refrigerator, let me 'splain. I have a subzero (pictured above) with the freezer on the bottom. It is built into my cabinets and it order to get underneath the bastard, one has to take the two freezers out and undo the screws, holding the plate on, and then make a clean sweep. I can't do that. The freezers are too heavy, even without food in them. Doc can't do it because he has neck and back problems.  There you have it!  So, Bob did it and thought that would solve the problem. Granted, you could make a small afgan with the angora from the bunnies under there, but that isn't the problem. I need a new thermostat.

So today Bob came back with his thermometer to accurately measure the temperature. I told him, that it will register the preset 36 degress, because I haven't opened it all night. If he would come back in the afternoon, it will climb up to 51 degrees. It was then that I noticed Bob's facial tick. Bob doesn't like to be wrong, Bob said! Bob wanted to know what time of day the temperature rises. (Hell Bob, are we talking MY temerature or the refrigerators, because mine is rising like yeast in a breadmaker right about now.)  Does it really matter what time of day the temperature rises and why would I lie about such a thing. Well Bob doesn't like to be wrong. He asked me about the freezer and told me that I could convert the freezer into a refrigerator. "Well BOB, I don't want to do that, because ocassionally I like a little ice in my vodka!"  Bob looks disapprovingly, facial tick REALLY pronounced now. Well, Bob will have to go back to the shop and call Subzero and talk about it! I told Bob to pull up the previous tickets from the last few years and it would tell him the history of this refrigerator. <<<<sigh>>>> Bob (facial tick) prefers to do it HIS way.  OK........he's supposed to call me back. It will be awhile before he fixes it.

  I still have a small refrigerator in the kitchen that holds my salad food. I have been putting all perishables in there. It is currently 49 degrees in THAT refrigerator.

 I have accepted that Bob doesn't want to make mistakes and Bob will eventually fix it. (BTW.....no charge until Bob figures it out) Bob left the building (my house) and I turned on the radio. It was Aretha Franklin singing, "Natural Woman" and I had to sing along with her to the top of my lungs, WITH Bobs facial tick!  Sometimes, I amuse myself. Next came, "Chain of Fools" Let me tell you when Bob leaves and you find yourself at the head of the chain with a self-imposed facial tick, it's not a good sign.

Doc is home for dinner. I guess it's time to tell him, we are having wilted lettuce salad for dinner...........for a long time!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could make reservations instead!

We are supposed to clean under the refrigerator?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sob .... whimper .... gulp  Oh, the humanity!!  You are making a small afghan out of my friends?  I'm available 24/7/365. Please call me next time before the carnage.  I think I need to go lay down.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny.  But it wouldn't be, if it were MY refrigerator on the blink.  

Anonymous said...

I knew about cleaning under the fridge.. but we're supposed to put ice in our Vodka?!   Here's hoping it cools down soon.  ~ Susan

Anonymous said...

You ought to make Bob eat with you every night.  Wilted salad a few nights in a row might get the fridge fixed faster!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I think I would have been tempted to add Bob to the freezer contents, but Aretha had to make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Bob sounds like the ultimate KIA (know it all) rich

Anonymous said...

I had a similar problem with my fridge.  Kept having
the guy come out to fix it, and it would work for a
little while.  I finally gave up and bought a new one!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Please just go OUT for dinner until this problem is resolved!  Okay?  Those temps are just perfect for bacteria breeding.  I am a paranoid hypochondriac who loves you.  Get some babyback ribs at Chili's -- or go to the Hen House salad bar.  Please?

HONK,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Can't help it....I'm laughing my socks off because of Bob and his "tick".
Sylvia
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

Into every life a little Bob must fall. This too shall pass. Margo

Anonymous said...

LOL  Glad to see that you are handling this whole situation with humor.  What else is there?  Repairmen are a breed unto themselves, aren't they.  Have you ever tried to explain the funny noise your car makes to a repairman?  Or to your spouse?  I'll try to tell Ernie about some new, and to me alarming, sound the car is making and he swears that either he can't hear it, it doesn't do it for him or 'it's nothing", until the engine falls out or something.  Good  luck with the freezer.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Anne:  Albeit a temporary criis in your life, I have one to share.  We returned from vacation to receive a message from MCI to thank us for joining up with them.  We had NOT.  I have called everyone from the bottom to the top, I have sent out fraud reports, slamming reports to any Consumer Commission who will listen, I have been reduced to cursing out the foreign-I-don't know-what you-said- Vanitha...Tenzin...Tabassum. Give me your boss (I am it, I am a supervisor)  Give me your manager!
Someone called in an switched our service, fake name by the way.  MCI's verification for this change was to ask,  "are you verified to change this service".  and they answered yes.  Isn't that a poor damn way to conduct business.
My busy signal does not work, so if you call, you get MCI voice mail.  My answering machine does not work, so if you call, you get MCI voice.  Well, I put a message on there to tell people I am slammed.  Call my other number.
5 days of MCI hell here.  Takes time to get it changed back.  Took nano seconds to flip me over, tho.  
My advice, call you carrier and get a FREEZE put on your phone so it won't happen to you.

Anonymous said...

" He asked me about the freezer and told me that I could convert the freezer into a refrigerator. "Well BOB, I don't want to do that, because ocassionally I like a little ice in my vodka!"  Bob looks disapprovingly, facial tick REALLY pronounced now. "

priceless.

Oh, you have me laughing my friend. I am feeling a little twitchy now, so I'd best adios and scapootle.
:):):) judi

Anonymous said...

p.s. I don't even want to KNOW what is under our fridge!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOLLLLLLL

Yeah, but does he have CRACK???