
I've gone shopping for the 4th. Expecting company from afar. Since I don't cook much anymore, I'll be brushing up my skills. Seems like we will be having some fine barbequed ribs from our good friends and I will fix a brisket. An old recipe from decades ago with jello, fruit, nuts, sour cream and cream cheese will be served along with fresh green beans, tomotoes, macarroni and cheese (the REAL kind....made by Vivian) and the fine finish of a fruit cobbler, all made from scratch. There is nothing as wonderful as a fine blend of friends that you haven't seen in awhile.
I amused myself shopping for wine. Looking in the cart I found my favorites, FAT BASTARD, ME'nage a Trois and Cakebread Cellars. My famous lemon drop martinis will be served ON the 4th.
THE PLAN? Once everybody is properly buzzzzzzzzed, they won't know if my cooking is up to parr or not. AND so it goes..........have a safe and happy 4th of July. Anne

4 comments:
Have a great time, Anne! It sounds like awonderful plan :)
xoxo
Sounds delicious! i'll be right over...lol happy 4th!~kbear
I hope your 4th is safe and happy as well. Sounds like a great way to spend the day and evening. And I'm sure those old cooking skills will resurface nicely. Paulette
You're just not right!
andi
Post a Comment