Monday, January 28, 2008

Luke, The Wonder Dog

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been updating as much as I usually do.  The truth of the matter is this.............Luke is very ill. He has been ill in the past and always been the "come back kid." I can't go into all of the things we have been through in the past 3 weeks, but it has been alot.  My job now is to keep him comfortable and not to let him suffer.     He is such a good spirit.  He has taught me many things.   He is part of me.  He is the BEST.  

If I haven't been around to your journal, I will be.....I just have somebody who needs a lot of attention right now.   He has a warriors spirit.  Every morning I wake up and he is here is a good day.  

I'll keep ya'll posted.                         Anne

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, Luke is the BEST! You are too - do what you have to do. I am thinking about you every day and hoping Luke isn't in pain. (I know you are!)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yep, Luke needs you.  

Anonymous said...

luke's had such a rough row to hoe and i'm so very glad you are there to help him.   sending warm wishes, debra

Anonymous said...

We are sending both of you warm thoughts.

Virginia

Anonymous said...

He's lucky to be in a home where someone loves him and is there for him.  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

You and Luke are in my prayers!  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Dear Anne,

Before bed I just wanted to say we are thinking of you and send a warm hug to you and Luke.

Much love,

judi

Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie.  I'm sorry to hear Luke is very sick.  :( Hugs and prayers to you both.  

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping Luke the Wonder Dog in my prayers on the smoke, whatever creator wishes it will be a safe and wonderous journey, if he is to stay for a bit more his pain be little......Give him a gentle pet and let him know there are a lot of people thinking of him and you this night. Your both in my thoughts dear friend. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and Luke. Hang in there !

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Poor Luke (and poor you!). I will keep you both in my thoughts. It is tough when the furkids are feeling bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!!!  You are where you have to be for now.... just keep us posted!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and Luke for divine right action and love   i know this is a very difficult time  spend every moment you can with Luke right now   we in j-land will be here when you return   my heart is with you both  what a blessing our four-leggeds are to us   treasures only the heart carries   much love and hugz to you both~kbear

Anonymous said...

Our new year started with LOTS of medical needs for our 14 yr old cat.. she is making a slow recovery, but she is recovering.  I hope things go well for Luke and please know that everyone understands his needs are more important right now.
Estela

Anonymous said...

Having a wonder dog of my own now, I can appreciate what's going on by you. I hope you have some good days left with Luke and that he doesn't suffer. I'll be keeping an eye out here. Good luck, ok?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Nelishia asked me to stop by. I lost my beagle, Buddy, on 12/5/07. He was my world, my best friend, everything to my husband and i. He was misdiagnosed by the vet. My heart is still broken into pieces...just wanted you to know i am so sorry your pal is ill and i will be thinking of and praying for you both. Though you dont know me, if you need someone to talk to, email me. Take care!

lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Luke is very ill, once again. Hope he recovers soon and quickly.

Anonymous said...

Bless him.  I know only too well what our pets mean to us. Unconditional love.  I shall remember him in prayer.  I came by way of Guido and am new to your journal but I shall come back to see how Luke is doing.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Luke is ill. I do hope that he is on the way to recovery soon! You are in my prayers!  Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Guido pointed me in your direction.  I am Praying for your Luke, I hope he comes around and makes a full recovery.  I've been in your shoes and the bundle of emotions which come with it.  Just know I am thinking about you & Luke, all my best to you.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Luke, please know my prayers are with him & you. Yes, don't let him suffer...he's depending on you for that.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

(((Anne))) I know how you feel about Luke; I feel for you during this time; I'll say a prayer for peace and comfort for you and your family and Luke

betty

Anonymous said...

hiya,
have come via guido, you are in my thoughts and prayers,
i been where you are with all the emotions that go with it,
thinking of you and luke,
sue

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anne, I am so sorry about Luke. I did the same with my belover Tia (from Tiauana Streetwalker beause when we adopted her she had an inopeable broken pelvis and walked crooked). I know that Luke is so much a part of your life that he deserves all tghe attention you can give him. Both of you will be in my thoughts. Love, Margo

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,I`m here via Sugar`s journal and I`m so sorry to hear of your Luke. I`m thinking of you both.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about Luke ~ Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I am keeping luke and you in my prayers
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you and Luke.  Its so painful to watch a beloved pet becoming so ill.
Dear God watch over him and keep him safe and comfortable.
Jeanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Anne, so sorry to hear this news.   I'll keep you and Luke in my thoughts and prayers.  

Anonymous said...

Oh no;*(

Thinking of you and Luke.
xo xo
Niki

Anonymous said...

Bringing special thoughts via Guido for Luke...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that Luke is not doing well now.  I hope that he improves, but if he doesn't, I hope that he is comfortable and that you are taking care -- of yourself as well as of him.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh no....I'm sorry I haven't been around.  Luke needs you and the comfort & love only you can give him.  All my best to you both.

Love,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Will say a prayer for Luke. My Cherokee is getting old and has a hard time walking. Hard to watch her so know what you must be going through. I hope my Cherokee just goes to sleep because I can not imagine putting her down! Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Anne, you and Wonder Dog Luke are in my heart and thoughts.  It is such a terribly helpless feeling when your pet is ill.  And, I know that "pet" is too small a label for a creature that occupies such a large part of your heart.  Please take care of Luke - and yourself too.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt I'll keep Luke in my thoughts and prayers, as I will you, Anne.  You have the gift of being able to keep hope alive - bless you!  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

I know I am late in getting to this entry, but I hope Luke is ok. I will send good doggy vibes his way.
Gaz x