
Happy New Year.......................2008! Glad to see you. If you are reading this today then you made it through the night in one piece. Congratulations. I have a prime rib in the oven. You can forget the black-eyed peas, I'm going for the beef. My last hoorah for the season. After today I will go back to pants that have a zipper in them. Here's hoping I will be able to get them zipped.
I've decided that I will offer a toast to the News Year, post some questions with my answers and end with a quote. If you find my questions interesting, PLEASE post them with your answers in your journal.
TOAST To The New Year: IN the New Year, may your right hand be stretched out in friendship, but never want. -------------Irish
QUESTIONS to Ponder..........
1. If you could have the vocabulary of any person you know, who would you pick? Professor Irwin Corey
2. If you found yourself at the Pearly Gates and had one chance to make your case for entry, what would you say? Forgive me.......for I have lusted in my heart for George Clooney.
3. If you could sit and have a beer with 3 sports figures from anytime, who would you pick? 1. Muhammad Ali 2. Pat Day 3. Pat Riley
4. If you could own one article of clothing from any film ever made, what would you take? Oh this is easy...........Judy Garland and her Ruby Red Slippers
5. If you could have your license plate say anything at all, what would it be? let's see if you know this one boys and girls: FUBAR
6. If you could have been Judge Lance Ito, what would you have done differently? I would have gone to get some brass balls!
7. If you discovered a Shakespeare manuscript that no one else had ever seen what would you do with it? Call a good attorney and get busy writing the Cliff Notes!
8.If you had to relate the most embarrassing experience of your life, what would it be? Gosh, there are so many..........probably when I was talked into driving to Leavenworth Penitentiary (The BIG house) in the big Mercedes and when stopped by the guard gates, asked what I was doing there?..............I seem to recall asking if they had a gift shop! It was NOT, I repeat NOT one of my finest moments!
9.If you were to name the worst consequences of organized religion, what would they be? WAR
10. Can you name a person who has taught you much about life, who would it be? My dear friend, Vivian, who I have known for almost 28 years now. She was my neighbor when I lived in Indiana. She taught me a lot about life, coping skills, when to be quiet, when to speak up, how to enter a room and start a conversation, how to drink scotch (those were the days my friend) and how to cook, how to use a microwave and how to use a computer, why it is sometimes important NOT to touch every button that is out there, and sometimes it's just better NOT to say anything at a funeral. Here's looking at YOU, Viv!
QUOTES:
1. Sex education should begin at home.............but not in the driveway. Connie Delaney
AND this my dear friends is my favorite quote of all:
“When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.” Edward TellerI have used this quote many times in my mental health education classes. What is even more interesting is the person who said it. I will be quite surprised if you know WHO he is ..........so google him!

17 comments:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Edward teller was a physicist who worked on the Atomic bomb, The Manhattan Project. Now I'll go google to see if my memory serves, LOL. Great questions and very good answers, Anne. A fun read to start the new year!
Sam
Very interesting!! But those ruby slippers are mine, my pretty!! You keep lusting after George Clooney, I've always lusted after those sparkling red shoes!!! Enjoy your prime rib. Sounds divine! Tomorrow I return to work, which means I'll be able to stick to better eating habits. Just wish I had a job I loved. What a difference that would make! Oh, well, after all it is a new year and who knows what's in store! Later!
Well. Since you've hogged the slippers for yourself I may as well take Scarlet's gown of draperies.
Okay. I knew Edward Teller had died in the 2000's ... and I knew he was either a chemist of physicist (check that spelling now, would you? lol) but I did have to go look him up for more info.
Thank you for the New Year's refresher and also making me use some brain cells.
Happy New Year. I do hope you've enjoyed your prime rib!
Very in-depth entry here today! So touching that you mention "good vocabulary"...I'd choose anyone who HAS one :) Long live the English Language.
Interesting questions, too. Some good things to think about. Happy New Year to you my friend. I hope the year brings a lot of healthy things your way.
Jimmy
Love the questions will need to think about my answers before completing this too tired at the moment, but i'll be back:-)~kbear
that vivian sounds like a vivacious gal (wink).
glad that you are starting the new year off with a BANG!
grins to you and doc and a scritch for luke, debra
Loved your answers.... thinking about mine now... plan to post them in my journal, soon!!
Joann
Back later for the questions. I have to think about the Pearly Gate one awhile (there are so many things to atone for). Guess I'd just have to say that I lived life and attempted to enjoy every minute of it! Paulette
I love that quote! Got to google now...
Russ
Even a mostly nonbeliever like Mary loved that quote when you first shared it with me & I've shared it with others. I knew who Teller was before I knew of the quote, & I was quite surprised he was the author.
An ex coworker of mine, Dorothy, wants those shoes realllllly bad. ~Mary
1) Me 2) "You're not going to believe this sh**, but...." 3) Lou Gehrig, Willie Shoemaker and Wile E. Coyote 4) Rhett Butler's jacket 5) I'm In The Nude For Love 6) Disqualify the disproportionate jury 7) That, is the question ! 8) Passing gas in an elvator after all the passengers left only to remember there would be new stops before mine..there was no one to blame as the door opened anew... 9) Inbreeding 10) My father.
Happy New Year
Jimmy
Very clever and witty answers! I know if I do this one, my answers will be uber-serious lol I can't help being a bore sometimes. Now come on, Anne, what person who grew up in the 50s like I did wouldn't know of Teller and the h-bomb! His name is as familiar to Americans as Oppenheimer or Werner von Braun. We boomers grew up on that stew lol. "Duck & cover!" Thanks for the comments, I'm very glad I found your little place here. Now go smile on someone and change their life, you're priceless! :-) xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/
thanks for the lovely toast! Your answers to the questions are delightful; I'm dying to know more about the trip to Leavenworth and what not to say at a funeral. The quote by Teller is poignant (given who he is) and thought provoking.--Sheria
This is one of the best quotes I have ever read. I must say I will have to look up who Edward teller is.
Carol
http://journals.aol.com/carolhehe/GypsyPaths
These were wonderful!! I especially love the Connie Delaney quote! lol
Lori
I cut and pasted your provocative questions in my blog. Hope you enjoy the answers. Paulette
I sure do know what fubar is! It seems to be the guiding force of my life!
Happy New Year!
xoxo
Post a Comment