Alrighty...........last week I had flood cleanup and this week started out with a lot of errands. My last errand was to stop at the grocery store. I went to the one that I don't like, but it was close and I only had to get some furniture polish, lettuce and milk. I was running late and had friends already at my house waiting on me. I pulled into a parking space, rather abruptly and...... bump, I "winged" the parked car on my right.
It wasn't bad but I backed up and I saw that a lady was sitting on the passengers side. I pulled back in the parking space slightly askew because the car on my left was askew. I got out and saw the white car on my right had some black lines (only a few) on the back side and I went over, took my fingernail and could scrape them off. The look on the lady's face on the passenger side, told me I should go over and say something to her as she was still in the car. She said she was OK but was addled. I spoke to her and she said her daughter was in the grocery shopping and she couldn't find her phone. So, I went in and paged Ms. Penny. She came to the front and I told her what had happened and told her that it wasn't bad and my car was more scraped than hers. She told me her Mother who was in the car had cancer and only had a short time to live. We both walked out and I showed her the damage. I asked her to take a picture with her phone. (mine doesn't have a camera) She did and the damage didn't even show in the picture. It wasn't a brand new car but rather an older white Lincoln. She wanted my drivers license and proof of insurance. I pulled out the proof of ins. and the one I had was expired but I assured her that I have had the same insurance agent for over 20 yrs. She gave me her phone number. We both walked back into the grocery together and continued shopping.
I saw her later and asked her if she had taken my phone number down and she had forgotten to do so. I also told her that my agent was familiar with me since I had a flood last week. It was one time that I looked terrible and I was glad I did. She said she has a brother in law who does bodywork and she could get an estimate from him and also from another body shop so I could see that it was in line and choose. I told her that since there wasn't any dent or a bumper wasn't involved that I probably wouldn't involve my insurance, but if it was out of line, I would.
She said, well that is why they call them accidents. You didn't mean to do it. She seemed nice and I can only hope all goes well. I could worry and fret over it, but it just isn't worth it. There are bigger fish to fry and I am hoping that it isn't bad and all goes well.
One can only hope, right? I tried to find a picture or image to post but they were all way to serious and costly damage. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Makes me wonder what is it store for next week.

12 comments:
when it rains,it pours doesn't it your incidents sound like mine a few months ago all having to do with my car first someone rear-ended me then i backed into somoeone, then someone smashed my window in the car trying to break in so trust me, all will settle down soon and it will be history definitely sounds like the bump is not worth worrying about as you say, there is more fish to fry ....go sit have a drink and relax have one for me too i could use one myself right now take care BIG HUGZ!~kbear
I'm sure this won't be as bad as the flood last week..... you did the right thing, hopefully, she'll appreciate that.
Joann
I know you're too young to remember, but there was a cartoonist who wrote about a place called Dogpatch and a character named L'il Abner. There was one guy he always had a cloud over his head.
http://www.lil-abner.com/index.html
Joe Btfsplk: World's most loving friend and worst jinx who always travels with a dark cloud over his head.
Jimmy
were you in your smart car??
((((Anne)))) maybe next week you should stay in bed for the week; I'm betting that lady won't do much if anything with it since the damage was so minimal if any; I wouldn't be bothered with it especially with her mom being so sick
hugs to you
betty
Sounds like what happened to me! Remember, I bumped into Cody and Julies brand new Volvo the day before the power pole hit my truck! Ugh!!! The bump was so minor too, and yet she got a 700 dollar estimate. All I can say is Dayum!!!
Love ya
Connie
I am so sorry! Don't you just hate days like that! I'm glad the damage was minor, and I hope it doesn't end up costing you much. Here's hoping that next week goes much better for you!
Lori
No one got hurt, and that is the most important part!
Furniture polish, lettuce, and milk. I am happy to hear other people pick up some odd combinations at the grocery store! I can't help but wonder - did you get 3 times what you set out to get?
xoxo
You're due for some good luck soon!
honks,
Russ
I hope her estimate comes back less than your deductible. Seems like it never rains but what it pours. Paulette
dude, isn't it nice to have a run in with someone who keeps their perspective in perspective? grins, mistya! debra
dude, isn't it nice to have a run in with someone who keeps their perspective in perspective? grins, mistya! debra
Well...next week has already passed since it's taking me so long to catch up on things. I hope whatever came your way didn't have to involve insurance.
Post a Comment