
SUMMERTIME, AND THE LIVIN' IS EASY?
Packing my bags to leave for Arizona, I suddenly remembered to make a few calls. I also got a call from my son who lives here in Kansas. He is the one who is mentally and physically disabled. He is manic now and still refuses to take his meds. What's a Mom to do? SIGH........uh, just listen. He is really sick and his primary care doctor does not do the proper testing. He obviously has gout and he has pain when he urinates. EXTREME pain! He has had prostate problems in the past and I think they are resurfaced again. I think he also has diabetes. That takes a lot of testing before it even shows up. Usually you have it for 5 yrs before the diagnosis. It runs on the male side of my family. I don't blame him for being upset with doctors. They give him the run around. I understand their frustration with him also as he is usually non-compliant.
Doc had to see the dentist during his noon hour. He has been complaining about a crowned tooth for a few days and it turns out he had to have a root canal and then go back to work.
When will this fun end? So I will leave for the land of hot and hotter and will check on the remodeling of my home. The painter is due next Monday and I need to pick colors out..............is black out of the question? Who knows?
The good news is my hair dresser, Dona will be able to see me on Friday afternoon. I will be blonde again! After that, all will be good! I have cut my bangs twice. If I hadn't they would be down to my lips. NOT a good look!

14 comments:
Black is your color right about now...
Sorry, Anne, yet I know "sorry" doesn't help.
Martini? Will martinis help? ~Mary
I no longer color my hair, but there are days I wish I still did. Have a good trip and enjoy being a blonde! 'On Ya' - ma
O goodness...somehow i know the adversity we go thru makes a better and stronger person, but it sure does tests us doesn't it i deeply empathize about your son and you ....enjoy being blonde again hope Arizona is cooler this time of year try to have some fun take care HUGZ~kbear
Okay, you are due for a good week now!!!
Hope your son can get his doctor to listen to him and help him out. And I hope he will do what he needs to do. I know it has to be very frustrating for you too. You love him, and there just isn't a lot you can do for him. Take care and be safe.
Lori
I'm sorry you are leaving for Arizona with all of this hanging over your head.
I do hope you enjoy your time away!!!
Love you,
Connie
I haven't quite figured out why you go to the desert during the dog days of summer, but I live in hot and muggy Miami. Go figure.
Jimmy
safe travels!! your poor son; the medical field and those who are disabled clash a lot (or at least they did in the case of my daughter)
betty
Sorry to hear you're leaving lovely Hooterville during this nice stretch of weather. I can't remember an August this cool!
xxxxxxxx
Russ
Wow, I still haven't figured out why anyone would want to go to AZ in August --- or September or....... After living in Mesa for 8 years, I definitely do not miss it!! Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy it and all goes well with your remodeling. I'm so sorry about your son. I can only empathize to a point. My mom was in and out of hospitals my whole life -- every time she refused her meds. She was never violent except to herself. Anyway, you enjoy yourself. Guess after the flood you do need a break! Later, Linda
Sorry to hear of your son's health problems, Anne. Hope you enjoy the visit to AZ
Your remodeling project is going to be beautiful!!
xoxo
A full life, eh Anne? Good, bad, indifferent. After reading about your son's frustrations my eyes casually moved to the left and I saw that amazing little face smiling out at the world: Isabella! What more need be said. xoxo Cathy
How long are you planning on being in Arizona? Not sure I'd want to paint too many things black there, unless your up in the high country. I hope your son in Kansas gets things straightened out okay. Adult children can be every bit the challenge of school-aged ones! Take care and keep blogging. Paulette
sweet anne,
oh dahlinkah, ya look schmashing no matter what!
grins, debra
Post a Comment