Monday, February 9, 2009

The Chapel




There is a chapel in Sedona that I love to visit. It is very small and a little hike up to it, but once you get there the views are spectacular. You will notice a couple of rock formations in the background but it has been rather interesting to watch this "house" being built. It has taken years. The little one at the bottom is the guest house. I could only capture a glimpse of it. it is actually much larger than it appears in this picture. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the house that the inventor of lasik sugery built. The Chapel in so very simple and then there is this! Interesting? OH MY!




















8 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks like a resort not a house.
Beautiful picture of the sights all around anyway.

betty said...

oh my gosh!! you wonder what they do with all that space and then you wonder if they are content with their lives and with choices made; or do they have regrets?

beautiful view though

thanks for sharing Sedona with us!

betty

kbear said...

BEAUTIFUL photo!!! i'll make a note of this to visit when i go this year. i'm going to AZ one way or another this year. i'm glad you stopped by here. i hear it's beautiful. can't wait to get there. Hugz~kbear

Sage Ravenwood said...

Who said knowledge didn't pay. I would get lost in a house that size. Give me simplicity any day. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

The eye surgeon I worked for was getting 20/20 vision with RK, but all the surgeons couldn't do that(or could they but some wanted to charge more money ;-0?) with old-fashioned RK. LASIK was a huge(& hugely expensive, hence the house money)deal when it came about.

~Mary

Virginia said...

I wish that the whole area of Sendona had been set aside a long time ago as a National Park. Its such a beautiful place I would have liked to see it in its totally natural state - but that's me, ever the naturalist.

Virginia

Jimmy's Journal said...

Happy Valentine's Day sweetheart.

Jimmy

Lori said...

Wow! Can you imagine living in a house that has that kind of view?