Super Bowl was exciting and I don't even care for football. Perhaps I thought if the Cardinals won, then who knows, could the CUBS be next?
I was off to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner. Doc was off golfing with friends of ours and they were all going to come back for a nice dinner and then watch the Super Bowl together.
Hurriedly I went through the grocery searching for just the right items for the perfect salad to go with the fresh asparagus and steaks. I had the fresh organic wild baby greens, campari tomatoes, a bright orange carrot and then I started picking through the cucumbers. After picking up about 8 or 10 they starting rolling forward and then one fell all the way down and I caught it between my thighs after clinching my knees together. To my dismay the produce guy was watching me. We both looked and it was pointing down. The other end was angled but pointing up. I blushed and he said, "Bet you can't do that again!" I pretended I didn't hear him and gently removed it before it hit the ground.
Walking away from the produce man I started softly singing, "I like it!" (right hip bump)......"I love it" (left hip bump) and then brought it on home with a hula hoop swirl......"Can't get enough of it!"
I only wish my adult son could have been there.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
You are my kind of woman ! Amkneedexterous - I never knew you were so talented.
Jimmy
darlinKah,
you've done me proud, m'girl, proud ah say.
grins, debra
oh my gosh! I'm seeing this in my head! now its funny, but I'm sure it wasn't then :)
the menu sounded delicious, yum!
betty
Anne, I always knew you were cool as a cucumber. I have no doubt that your cucumber show in the produce section was much better than the half-time show at the Super Bowl. Needless to say, I would like to have been there.....
By the way, I knew the Steelers would win even before the game started.
I like it ! I could just see you now! Thanks for the SMILE this morning !
That is one of the things I love about you. You wish your son had been there, while most others would have been mortified if he had been.
I remember my dad once asking this Claus von Bulow looking guy if he had any insulin. Everyone around wanted to die. I found it hysterical. I roll like that. ~Mary
Oh, that was just too good!
You did good girl! I would have said "Honey, I'm good...but you aint my type!!"
Love ya!
Connie
I would of loved to of seen that one. My daughter would of absolutely have enjoyed herself if she were there. Thanks for the smile dear one! (Hugs)Indigo
Anne, I found you again, hope all is well, Hugs Lisa
lol
You ARE coming out of the funk, aren't you?
Post a Comment