Sunday, October 10, 2004

Things That Go Bump...In the Night!

This is a picture of the group of women I travel with. We are having a very good time at my nephews B&B in Springfield, Ky. (I am the one in the center, in green, sitting down) A lady staying at the Inn and her husband are in the picture also. She "sees things" and was telling us about my nephews property. It was built in the 1800's and was used as a hospital during the Civil War. She was talking about the slaves that were buried on the property and the people who "inhabit" the property currently. Now my friend Vivian is really scared of ghosts and ghost stories. So in a way, it was kind of funny. All I know is that whenever I spend the night there, I get the best sleep that one could ever get. Sleep does not come easy to me anymore. My friend Carolyn lives on a farm and this lady described her farm and farm land to her.....and she was very accurate. We are all in the dining room and there is a mural on the dining room wall behind us. It was a good trip and I hope we get to visit there again sometime soon. For those of you interested his website is: www.maplehillmanor.com   Enjoy...and watch out for the sounds that go bump in the night.                         Anne

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the weirdest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to check the time I posted my entry!!! You know the next time you come to KY we are going to have to meet!

Anonymous said...

9:20! four minutes apart! Spooky!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great group, Anne! Need a new traveling partner? xoxo

Anonymous said...

Y'all look like you're have a great time.  What a mural.

Anonymous said...

I love to visit and stay at places that are thought to be haunted.   john

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope I will get to see this place someday! So nice to now have a face to go with the person I am getting to know. You are a delight. xoxox, judi

Anonymous said...

I AM THE FRIEND, VIVIAN, OF WHOM ANNE DESCRIBES AS BEING SCARED OF GHOSTS AND GHOST STORIES.  PERHAPS THE FOLLOWING FAVORITE POEM OF MINE WILL ENLIGHTEN YOU AS TO THE REASON WHY I SHIVER IN GHOST HOUSES!

LITTLE Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,
An' wash the cups an' saucers up, an' brush the crumbs away,
An' shoo the chickens off the porch, an' dust the hearth, an' sweep,
An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;
An' all us other childern, when the supper-things is done,
We set around the kitchen fire an' has the mostest fun
A-list'nin' to the witch-tales 'at Annie tells about,
An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!
 
Wunst they wuz a little boy wouldn't say his prayers,--
An' when he went to bed at night, away up-stairs,
His Mammy heerd him holler, an' his Daddy heerd him bawl,
An' when they turn't the kivvers down, he wuzn't there at all!
An' they seeked him in the rafter-room, an' cubby-hole, an' press,
An' seeked him up the chimbly-flue, an' ever'-wheres, I guess;
But all they ever found wuz thist his pants an' roundabout:--
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!
 
An' one time a little girl 'ud allus laugh an' grin,
An' make fun of ever' one, an' all her blood-an'-kin;
An' wunst, when they was "company," an' ole folks wuz there,
She mocked 'em an' shocked 'em, an' said she didn't care!
An' thist as she kicked her heels, an' turn't to run an' hide,
They wuz two great big Black Things a-standin' by her side,
An' they snatched her through the ceilin' 'fore she knowed what she's about!
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!
 



James Whitcomb Riley.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great bunch that you travel with, just so nobody got "bumped in the night". Funny about the sleeping better thing. Must be the mysticism, or something! rich