Maybe it's the change in weather, with days growing shorter and the darkness of winter soon approaching. Let's not forget the holidays and all of the expectations of JOY that we expect of ourselves. In some people a certain sadness starts occuring. It has nothing to do with our schedules, our spirits, our direction or lack there of, but more with the expectations that we place on ourselves.
Lots of us (dare I say, MOST of us) have had broken dreams, dashed hopes and pain in our lives. Although we do not wish to dwell on these feelings, neither should we turn our back on them. By facing the most unpleasant aspects of our past, we are able to feel the pain, mourn the losses, and move on. From the book, Courage to Change, I will quote: "These feelings are a deep part of me; when they come knocking at the door of my awareness, I wish to open it and let them in. I need to treat myself with the same care and respect that I would another person sharing pain, confusion and turmoil. Only in this way can I become WHOLE and at peace."
If I learn the PAIN (mental or physical) is part of my life and learn to accept it, then I will be able to endure the bad times and hopefully move on, leaving pain behind. Now this is hard to master. I tend to dwell on this aspect for too long of a time. But just by realizing that, I will examine it and carefully put it down and try my best to move on.
In closing I would like to quote Peter Marshall: "....when we long for life without difficulities, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."
I have discovered many "jewels' here in the land of J. Thanks to many of your entries, I have been made aware of things that I put away neatly in a box and haven't opened because of the fear that might be lerking in them. After opening many of them, they weren't nearly as scary as they once were. I can put them back where they belong now and go on, knowing that my spirit can handle anything today. Bless you ALL. Anne

9 comments:
This was a wonderful entry...... I want to hear more about your book. hugs, judi
A very lovely entry. I am glad to have met you, too. There are some great people here! xoxo
Anne, you're such a lovely, inspiring lady. This is a wonderful entry.
I linked to your journal from mine... hope that's OK.
Thanks for letting me know about this entry, Anne. (It's fun having "fans," but you can call yourself a friend, pal, buddy of mine, LOL!) I understand what you and the author are talking about, but sometimes it seems pretty hard to accept painful experiences, easy to get stuck in them, especially as years pass. But this is part of life, learning how to deal gracefully with all the ups and downs. Thanks for a thought-provoking entry. --Albert
I've learned tons from painful situations.
We all have.
Blessings to you sweet Anne!
-Connie
Anne you are welcome and many of us have found this to be a place of healing. It has for me john
This is an entry that is helpful to me. I've been back to it twice now. Thanks, Margo
The "holidays" are for the kids, and the older we get, especially those without kids. the more depressing the whole season is. Youv'e got the right attitude. rich
Post a Comment