Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Baby It's COLD outside!

We had a bit of an ice storm this afternoon. Just enough to send  people home from work early and make traffic a mess. Luke and I did our walk up the hill and around the block with both of us ending up soaked and chilled to the bone. (Yesterday it was 70 degrees.)  I threw some towels in the dryer and they felt good to Luke, The Wonder Dog and me.  They said,  "stay tuned for the weather tonight, as we may have some snow."

SOME SNOW?  I just listened to the news and they are predicting up to 20" of snow........seems like we are in the bullseye.   GREAT!  Just great!   Where is that single malt scotch when you really need it?   I'll be searching for the gray goose, light on the contro and very heavy on the goose.  The ole gray mare just ain't what she used to be.  I refuse to shovel snow any longer.  I am DONE!  Perhaps I'll have an imaginary cigar too!  Maybe I'll teach myself to blow smoke rings in the air.  Yeah, that's the ticket! 

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you missing Phoenix right about now?  We are under a freeze warning tonight, but hey, what are the chances of US getting snow!?!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

omg, i am sorry for the possibility of 20" of snow! the cold is coming here over the weekend, with snow on monday. i don't shovel anymore now-that seems to be wisdom, to me! margo

Anonymous said...

YOW! 20"   not good. Keep the geese handy!

Keep us posted!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I am taking the rest of the week off.  Presently, my nerves cannot take chaotic commuting on I-35.  Last forecast I heard said the snow may not be so terribly bad afterall.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Ooooweee!  I'm not missing snow at all!  Sorry.  I started not to write but sometimes I do my best gloating online!  It's 70 degrees right now (5:45am) and heading to 84.  I'm so happy to be in Florida.  Gee, I must still be really sleepy cause my "mean" streak is showing!!  Stay warm, darlin!  Later, Linda

Anonymous said...

Channel 4 predicts "one to eighteeen inches".  Good grief, what cowards.  Which is it?  A little snow, or a lot?  Who needs THAT kind of weather guesser?

Anonymous said...

20 inches ?  Well, Russ seems to have Brandy & a 22 year old groundskeeper at his blog~go there ;'] ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Yep we got more snow again   i forgot to mention it yesterday   in the city it's ever so slight, but just on the other side of the mountain, 15mins away, there's been plenty to close schools and roads   that mountain range i sit next to holds backs tons for us here in the city   but i loved it when i did live in those mtns   can't win for losin' i suppose   stay warm my friend   get some Bailey's into some coffee and enjoy the warmth   hire a kid to shovel snow in the meantime   take care~hugz.kbear

Anonymous said...

I miss seeing the snow fall.  I don't miss having to shovel my way out of the driveway.  Or slipping and falling on my backside.  Nonetheless .... I miss those White Christmases in Denver.  Not quite the same when it's 85 degrees.  Tina

Anonymous said...

They told us snow for days, then predicted a week of more snow. Well, it sure got cold (windchill was 24 degrees when I took the dogs out this morning at 8 am), but so far, nothing on the ground. We had a ton of rain, but so far, no snow. Thanks for taking the hit for me this time, Anne! (Poor Baby has enough trouble walking on dry land outside right now, and putting her on ice would be so painful.)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

We had a little "frost" on the grass and car windows?  Does this count?  I've found that the second pitcher of just about anything tastes better than the first.  "Tis the season for hot buttered rum", ice cream and brown sugar make a great recipie, to be added to the hot water and run of your choice.  Gained about a gazillion pounds one Xmas perfecting the recipe.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed that the second "round" tastes a whole lot better than the first?  Sounds like hot buttered rum time to me.  I loved the first snowfall or two in Denver, but them it just got dirty and slushy.  We can see the snow capped mountains from here, and drive there (with chains) in about two hours anytime we want.  Close enough for me.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say that I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that I wish you all the best in 2007.  Happy New Year!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Never mastered smoke rings, though I certainly tried.  Hope the worst of the snow storm has passed.  While the white stuff can be beautiful, it can also be a real pain.  About the only time I miss snow is Christmas week.  Somehome palm trees, green grass and flower gardens in bloom do not seem very Christmasy.  I enjoy driving around and looking at the decorated houses after dark.  Then I can pretend there is snow, along with all the pretty decorations!  I haven't really mastered whistling either.  Perhaps after I retire in a few years....  Paulette