
The "petites" are coming (two of the grandchildren) and I have spent the day going to grocery store(s) and gathering the ingredients to cook, bake, boil, and assemble. My feet and mind are tired and yet, I am praying for Xtra energy to get through the several days. I just finished the lasagna, baked a ham, turkey breast and have many other things on hand. Here's the deal, they may LOOK little, but those little suckers can EAT. I just pray they don't wipe me out in the first 24 hours. Sedona, who is 6 going on 16 will probably want to borrow the car, but I have to put my foot down sometime. We will be painting and coloring, dying easter eggs, going to the mall, swimming, visiting cousins, changing clothes around 4 times a day and then re-assembling our purses.
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY on me.............I'm gonin' in! (Pictures to follow!) Mary, tell Chicklet I need her advice on entertaining those petites. HEY Jimmy, How do you do it?

12 comments:
I'm on my way over for dinner. I don't need directions, I'll just follow the waft of lasagna! I can smell it all the way over here in the west valley!
~~Kath~~
Hang in there! it'll all be over in no time you've got a head start, so relax a little before they actually arrive hugz~kbear
Well you are definitely on the right track with the food. Fully bellies lead to sleep eventually :)
Some cool things that I know 6 year olds like are the Crayola products (some called Crayola Wonder) and you can find 'em at Walmart and ToysRUs.
I have found the key to be, keep them in motion. Don't let any one activity get stale!
Good luck!
Jimmy
I am soooo jealous. I'm sure that you will all have a fab time. I find that when all else fails the grandkids will sit for stories, videos or coloring, as long as I keep them company. Paulette
Anne
You brave soul! I know you will have a great time with the petits, but pace yourself, girl. Looking forward to hearing about the aftermath. Er, I meant hearing about the great time you had with them, LOL.
Sam
Forget it. Chicklet doesn't like any cute demanding kids, save herself :-). She'd arsenic the lasagna to get all your attention!
You are a great grandmother. I think they are going to spend more of the time basking in your warmth than you realize.
Then bring them to the mall or a park & make them run in circles until they pass out :-). ~Mary
I am sure you will be fine. I have found many children just want someone to LISTEN to them tell their stories. Just nod and smile every now and then. All will be well :)
xoxo
Anne, lol....that's why wine was invented.
E
Anne, you are a better grandmother than I'll ever be-Myla will have to scrounge in my refrigerator like everbody else if Meg ever lets her come for a visit. I bet you arer a wonderful (if sometimes tired) grandmother! They are lucky to have you. Margo
Hey, I see a couple of my grands every day, and I survive! Somebody suggested wine. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Good gawd - to heck with the grandchildren. Can I come over to eat?? Jon (lol)
Hey guys! Nice blog. I noteced that some of you have children and grandchildren. My daughter is building a nursery for our first grandaughter. I'm so exited! I am helping her decorate it. I am much into detail and was even looking into decorating her room with a baby girl themed light switch plate and outlet covers. i found a great website that has switchplates designed for children of all ages even sports, animated characters, they even take custom themed orders! I got the pink baby pins and baby feet. I was very impressed with the quality of the product. In case your decorating here goes the link! Enjoy, we did! :)
http://stores.ebay.com/BIDRIGHTNOW_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
Post a Comment