I look at this picture and wonder where did all the years go? IF you take a day at a time they drag by, but all one needs to do is take a look at their photo albums. "Old pictures; Faded Photographs" was a song by K.T. Oslin. She also sang 80's Ladies.
I remember being in Florida with my friends and we were going to celebrate my birthday. I had this fancy red dress and bought these silly sunglasses. My friends bought me a blow up doll, named Jose for my "date." As I recall we left him at home and went out for dinner.
Every woman needs a little bit of RED in her life from time to time, especially ONE red dress.
Here are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs that I can really identify with. (I am the borerline fool) If you get a chance to listen to it, I think you will enjoy it.
We were three little girls from school.
One was pretty, one was smart
And one was a borderline fool.
Well she's still good lookin'
That woman hadn't slipped a bit.
The smart one used her head
She made her fortune.
And me, I cross the border every chance I get.
We were the girls of the 50's.
Stoned rock and rollers in the 60's.
And more than our names got changed
As the 70's slipped on by.
Now we're 80's ladies.
There ain't been much these ladies ain't tried.
We've been educated.
We got liberated.
And had complicating matters with men.
Oh, we've said "I do"
And we've signed "I don't"
And we've sworn we'd never do that again.
Oh, we burned our bras,
And we burned our dinners
And we burned our candles at both ends.
And we've had some children
Who look just like the way we did back then.
Oh, but we're all grown up now.
All grown up,
But none of us could tell you quite how.
We were the girls of the 50's.
Stoned rock and rollers in the 60's.
Hunny, more than our names got changed,
As the 70's slipped on by.
Now we're 80's ladies.
There ain't been much these ladies ain't tried.
A- my name is Alice.
I'm gonna marry Artie.
We're gonna sell apples
And live in Arkansas.
B- my name is Betty.
I'm gonna marry Bobby.
We're gonna sell beans
And live in Brazil.
C- my name is Connie.
I'm gonna marry Charlie.
We're gonna sell cars
And live in California.

13 comments:
I have lots of blood red night things, that counts right? :-o.
It just so happens that I was there with her in Florida. We two flew down to meet the third one. All married, all just wanting to have fun. Anne and I got stuck in the Atlanta airport for 9 hours on the way home. The red dress was in it's own carry on zip up case and it was a big mother to tote. Several times, false alarms of a flight in anther bay would be announced. The red dress actually got drug thru the lines then. Why we didn't check it, I will never know. Well, I guess it was precious to Anne and we guarded it faithfully.
Hey Viv, Was that the time when we flew Eastern Airlines and they kept cancelling the flights. I remember running from gate to gate.......in a strapless bra, with the bra ending up around my waist. Oh GOD, those were the days my smart friend. Anne
I missed out on those deep kind of friendships. But I can definitely say I was alot like you the borderline woman. (Hugs) Indigo
Guess that's why I've only posted my old photos in my journal!! In my head, I'm still at least 20 years ago! Now that I've lost my weight and am toning up a bit, I feel really good until I get up to the face. Then I see my MOM! Not that that's a bad thing. I just never thought it would happen to me! Sigh........ Oh, and next time you're in Florida, you'd better look me up!! I'll let it go this time cause I wasn't in FL 20 years ago!! :) HUGS, Linda
Did you know that men ,too, can be borderline fools? Especially when women wear red dresses..... Should I call myself Miles??
Now you know why they used to ban wearing red to high school! Gorgeous color. I do totally relate to borderline fool, I fit the bill ;)
Well, I don't think the years were too unkind to you!
Anne, you are and were beautiful :-)
I love the dress! You are right, every woman needs a red dress at least once!
xoxo
I, personally, would hit on the blonde chick. I love ladies in red. I'd lose the glasses, slip off the heels and we'd go dancin'. But, that's just me !
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/
Aaah, the memories. I once made myself a flame red wool sheath, fully lined, with butterly sleeves. It was a wowser! But the real dress for all time for me was a little black number I bought at a Frederick of Hollywood store in Las Vegas ! Paulette
I have had a few RED dresses in my day! lol I agree, every woman needs to get dressed up in red, at least once in their live!
I vaguely remember this song, and would love to listen to it, so I'm off to Youtube to see if I can find it!
Hugs
Jackie
Nice picture, and nice entry!
Lori
Post a Comment