Thursday, August 23, 2007

TIRED DOGS!

Funny thing about feet, they get tired the older you get. NOT that I am OLD, mind you.  I am in my comfort zone of my boudoir, counting my blessing!  (not a misprint)   It has been a very hectic week. Friday is a day that I take off.  Perhaps a nail appoint or a pedicure, but nothing important.

I did shopping for my grandsons update to their bedroom.  The last update was when they were younger and got bunk beds..........now it's separate twin beds.  Since my son is disabled due to mental illness, I buy our grand kids EVERYTHING.  We got them twin beds with all the bedding to go with it.  When I took Dom to Kentucky with me, he liked my mothers denim bedding. I found them a denim comforter and some stripped sheets.  A "huggy" pillow to go with the ensemble was purchased also.

Luke, the Wonder Dog, went to the Vet's today. He is older now and has multiple problems, but always the trooper.  He has an eye infection, too many cicadas have caused yet another bowel infection, and the amount of panting he does is equal to a MUCH older dog. He is at least 13 or 14. We take it a day at a time.  He has med's for his eye and his bowels. 

You are getting to see where Luke, the Wonder Dog, and I sleep. It is a tranquil bedroom. He used to jump up on my bed, but the truth be known, he can't jump that high anymore. That's OK, he is at my feet.  When ever he is in pain or needs attention, I wake up and help him.  We have a deal, we watch out for each other.   Doc is downstairs snoring away.  A bomb could go off and he wouldn't hear it!  Don't worry, Luke and I have HOME LAND security covered.   BUT OH, my aching feet!  

I fear not.............for the Lord is with me.   Then I remembered F.E.A.R.................F..K everything and run.  

And So it goes!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke is blessed to have you as you are to have him.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm cicadas mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, grins debra

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. I've had a count my blessing day. Hmmm. You are a good Mother & Grandmother & dog Mom too.  Maybe you're a good wife, I'll have to email Doc. ;-) ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Beautiful toenails on your tired feet. And I am glad that you and Luke have such a wonderful place to sleep. You bless each other. Margo

Anonymous said...

There's a cool-down in store for the weekend and a BIGGER cool-down coming later next week!!  I'm SO ready!

honkies
Russ

Anonymous said...

I developed problems with my feet quite a few years ago after wearing the SPIKE heels during the 70s & 80s.  That will teach me.  Now I go for comfort and thank goodness styles are finally starting to accompany comfort.  I have found the most fabulous shoes.  So far, I only have 2 pair because they are so expensive.  I buy them new on eBay because I could never pay the $300-$500 retail in the store!!  They're like walking on clouds -- no exaggeration.  Even the wedge doesn't hurt my feet!  Well, enough.  I must get to work!  Hugs to you and a very happy Friday!  Love ya, Linda

Anonymous said...

Tell ole Luke that I feel his pain. I, too, have tired feet. I used to have happy feet, but Steve Martin ruined that gag for me. He also stole his dog's name from me in "The Jerk". Although that is Possum S. Hemmingway's nickname, my father endowed me with that nickname, among others, many mango seasons ago. Even the FEAR factor is changed for me. I use FEAW .........everything and walk.

It's like the young bull and the old bull on the hill looking at heifers. The young bull says to the old bull, "Lets run down there and gets us one of those heifers." The old bull replied, "Let's walk down there and get them all !"

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Anne! I am about to see a new foot doctor soon. Bone splints in my ankle? Maybe. Neuromas for sure. I am almost ready to try Crocs, lol! Earlier this summer my feet were doing very well - not sure what happened.

Have you tried the doggy stairs for Luke? He's a little big to lift up, isn't he? You and Luke have a bond like Molly and I do :-)

Your bedroom looks very peaceful. I bet your grandson's bedroom came out lovely. Well, lovely isn't a word to use for a boy's room, is it, lol?

You are a good friend, Anne, and that is a blessing, too.

xoxo



Anonymous said...

Feet.  Sometimes I don't know whether to love 'em or hate 'em.  I guess in the balance I'm better of with them than without, but they can ache like crazy at times.  The denim bedding sounds like just the thing for a boys bedroom.  When we moved I gave my bunkbeds away - now I'm sorry.  Perhaps when life settle into a rut again I'll purchase a new set of bedroom furniture for the "kids" room.  I hope that Luke gets better each day.  I know how difficult it is for an older pet and the people who love him or her.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

I think your bedroom is very cozy and comfortable-looking!
(Love the pedicure, too!)
Lori

Anonymous said...

Fortunately I haven't had a whole lot of problems with my feet. There was only one incident that almost did one foot in. I was 14 years old, when I tripped over a coke bottle (yes it was an actual glass bottle), on concrete stairs in bare feet. My stepfather was one of those ignorant people who didn't believe in doctors. I managed to get my foot cleaned up and bandaged. Forward to me being 23 and very pregnant. My foot had swelled up to an ungodly painful lump. The doctor sliced into my foot to pull out a 2 inch sliver of glass that had been inbedded all this time. Amazingly until then I was unaware of the sliver.

Sorry to hear Luke is under the weather. He sounds like a wonderful old soul. (Hugs) Indigo