Monday, August 20, 2007

QUESTIONS TO PONDER

I can hear the cicadas from inside the house and the noise is deafening. Luke, the Wonder Dog, finds them to be a most delightful meal as much as I do a steak. I try to stop him from eating them, but he can get them faster than a speeding bullet.

Grandkids have started back to school. I am sure all of the mothers out there are cheering because it is now in session.

I haven't felt good now for several days. Could it be the medicine I take at bedtime? It is supposed to relax my muscles so I won't jump around like a Mexican jumping bean, while I sleep. It has left me with a dry mouth and a very bitter taste.  Even my adult beverage didn't taste very good tonight. 

So here's the deal.............I happen to love a book called the "IF Book, Questions for the Soul" and also the Proust Questionnaire.  I want to ask a few questions and feel free to post them or if too personal, then at least think about them.  I'llgo easy at first.  Here goes:

1. How would you like to die?  In my own bed, asleep, with a faint hint of chocolate on my breath. 

 2. What is your favorite virtue?  forgiveness. 

 3. What is your favorite quality in friends? HUMOR and loyalty                     

4. What is your favorite color?  sunflower yellow, peridot green, garnet red, ocean blue. It's just too hard to chose one color, when I love them all.    

5.What is your chief characteristic?   Physically it is my hair and if it is my personality it would have to be  curiosity       

6. Who are your hero's in real life?   First responders at 9/11.  Elisabeth Kubler Ross, Fred Goldman, United States of America soldiers and Nelson Mandela.........to name a few.      

7. If not yourself, who would you be?  I would have loved to have been Cleopatra or perhaps a journalist

8. Name the people you would love to share dinner withfemales would be:  Bette Davis, Dorothy Parker, Maya Angelou, Elizabeth Kubler Ross, Bette Midler, Sandra Day O'Connor and THE QUEEN!       AS for the males, it would be: George Clooney (SIGH) Norman Schwartzkoff, Mohammad Ali, Colin Powell, Anderson Cooper, Elton John, Dominick Dunne and last but not least John Kennedy.  That should make for a pretty interesting dinner party and YES, I know some of these people are dead, but it's MY party and I'll choose if I want to!

9. What is your present state of mind? It could be better. I worry a tremendous amount about my adult children, who are going through a bad time right now.  I also am consumed with the well-being of my grandchildren.  I know there is nothing I can do, but I still worry a great deal. I also get really pissed (oh dear, I cussed) with people who worry about stupid stuff. I am sure it isn't stupid to them, but it seems stupid to me.  Like, "Does this dress make my butt look big?"  or "I can't do a thing with my hair."  or  "This other person interrupted me at work"  Give me a break, would ya?                           

10. What would you like your tombstone to read:  TO BE CONTINUED.................

Ok, now go on and think about your list and post it.  More questions to come at a later date.  I'll leave you with this little "ditty"  As a member of a certain organization we have many little  slogans.  When I say that I have ANTS.........It means Another Negative Thought.  If I say I have FEAR, it means False Evidence, Appearing Real.  I have a wonderful doctor who told me that she always thought FEAR meant, Fu*K Everything And RUN........................... Sounds good to me!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is shamefully morbid of me, but I loved the answers as to how you would like to die and what would be on your tombstone. There's nothing personal in this - just my penchant for the macabre. To hell with George Clooney- - I'll come to dinner instead.
More about this questionnaire thing later........Jon (Miles......)

Anonymous said...

Verrry interesting!!  I'll have to give this a try when I can spend a bit more time thinking about it!  Hope your week has started out great.  Hugs to you!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Meds that screw with your adult beverage ...very bad!   These are very interesting. I will give them some thought.  I loved Dorothy Parker, I'd come to that dinner party. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Can I come to the dinner you have with Anderson Cooper....I'll TRY to keep my hands to myself!! ;)  Maybe if you read something a little less interesting at night -- you'd drift off sooner.  I re-read old books before going to bed so I don't get too wrapped up in what might happen next.

Many hugs and honks to you!
Russ

PS -- The Peanut has a patio now -- so maybe we could go when the weather is less icky and the smoke wouldn't bother you???  Just think about it.

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Loved your answers......heartfelt and witty!  I'm curious too... too much sometimes!  I have questions about everything.... all the time!

I think I may do this in my journal..  :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Interesting questions that pique ones curiousity about what else we may not know about you (winks). As for how I would want to die, I've already explained this to Doc in detail. He's still pondering how to make it happen if I were in a hospital. I told him I want to be deep in the forest, so the last thing I see as I look up is the sky among the tree branches, I want my last breathe to breath in the forest around me. In short I want to among nature at it's finest in the last moments of my life. Love the tombstone epiphany " To Be Continued......" Indeed. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I like this game because oftimes I answer my own questions. You do? yes ! I have the following answers: 1) No thank you, I gave at the home. 2) easy  3) humerus and ulna 4) red china with a white tablecloth, comrade 5) a full feathered head dress with beige mocasins. 6) hero's ? Ok  Hogan, sandwiches and 1st century a.d greek scientists. 7) a shadow of myself 8) Females: Rocio, Nicole and Susie. Males: Abbot and Costello, W.C. Fields 9) Florida 10) I'd rather be here than Philadelphia.

I always enjoy your journal ! Martinis, anyone ?

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure philosophizing with you here today. I like your thoughts and opinions on important vs. not-too-important. Maybe it's time for me to draw up a list of questions to answer myself :)

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

My "survivors" group used to say that they were "fine", translated to mean "F----ed up,  Insecsure, Neurotic and Emotional".  I like your FEAR too.  I don't think we ever quit being a parent or worrying about out children, especially when they have challenges.  Both of my daughters have health problems and Sarah is now unable to work, has no insurance, a very bad knee, etc.  I worry over what the future holds for her - and for us.  The grandkids are an absolute delight and I feel blessed to have them in my life.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Curiosity? What is that?

Nice entry, Anne :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great answers! Esp loved the first one. : )

Candace (yes! I AM alive and well!)