Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summer Vacation in Kentucky

HHR

I would love to show your our summer vacation photos, but I made a wrong turn at the computer/camera and erased them all.

Let me first say that upon arriving in Louisville, KY.,  the temperature was welll above HOT. We walked out onto the blacktop pavement at the airport parking lot to pick up our automobile. We rented from Alamo and the woman (who was bent down below the counter talking to somebody on her cell phone about her credit rating) told me:  "Go to stall #104 in the National auto rental and it will be there!   I asked her what king of car it was and she mumbled something about a Chevy @@"(%#.  "Whatever" was my thought.  "I do NOT want it to smell like smoke," I told her and she said it only had 225 miles on it so off Dominick and I went to find the car.   Right before getting to the stall I saw it and said, OMG...............It's NEON orange and Dominick said, "Cool"  I HATED IT!  But after all was said and done, I grew to like it, because I could always pick it out in a parking lot.  So OFF we went, to southern Indiana and Kentucky.

I never realized just how much a 12 yr old boy can eat. I knew it was alot, but OMG there is a limit, but not for 12 yr olds. He did not miss a meal or skip a beat.  I am in shock but it HAS been awhile, after all I did raise 2 boys.  I just forgot.

We had fun in southern Indiana. My friend, Vivian, made, waffles, (from scratch) and bacon and eggs.  He did his fair share and more of eating.  

We went on to my nephews Bed&Breakfast.  If you would care to visit it yourself the web sight is Todds . It has been noted in my magainzes as one of the BEST B&B's in the USA.  I am so poud of him and all of his efforts.

  Dominick enjoyed everything especially getting to feed and pet the horse and having Tyler feed him until he just about poped!  Even there werre surprised.  THE BOY can eat.

On to Lexington, KY where the horses and the women are fast.  A good visit with my sister-in-law and my mother.  Dominck visited relatives and went to movies.

I could go on and one, but there are no pictures to back it up so I will just say a good time was had by all. The temperature was well above normal and so too, the humidity.  I walked alot and it seems as though my plantar fasiitis has raised it's ugly head again.  God it hate it!!!  I have tried every known devicde and treatment known to mankind. It has to run it's course.  The only thing that helps is my adult beverage at night and then it's still there, but I just don't care.  

So in closing I hope you will enjoy the VISA song as much as I do..............It's by the Eagles..................TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT, ONE MORE TIIIIIIIIIIME!  

AND SO IT GOES.    Feel free to spell check!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! It was a bit warm in AZ, too. Sorry you lost your pictures. You will just have to go back so you can take more :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad you could make it back to KC in time for this really wicked heat wave.  Heat index of 111....want to go throw a frisbee around??  LOL

xoxo
Russ

Anonymous said...

I must admit I was looking forward to seeing all your KY pics!  Oh, well.  At least you had a great time.  I'm supposed to be getting some pics sent to me of the class reunion.  I'll let you know if there's anything interesting!  Hugs to you!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the two of you had a very fine trip - with LOTS of food.  Sorry about the pictures.  Technology can be more than a little frustrating at times.  I have plantar facitis also and have gone several routes in treating it.  The first was to wear god awful splints at night.  After several months this did help, but I don't know if it was really worth it.  Secondly, the doctor shot cortizone into my heels and arches.  That would help for awhile, but the doc would only do that a limited number of times.  I now have $400 orthotics.  It took about a week to get used to them, and a couple of months before the pain went away, but they have done the trick.  For about a year or so I never went barefooted or without the orthotics for more than a quick trip to the bathroom and back.  Now I can bounce around for about half a day before putting on my shoes.  When I pull an all day shopping trip, or stand on my feet for an extended time, my arches will get tired and ache some.  I hope you get some relief, I know that it is painful.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

PS  We used to rent a bright orange Pinto from time to time.  Our youngest son would ask to be dropped off about four blocks from his high school so none of his friends would see him in that particular car.  Ernie tells him that if we ever win the lottery, he's going to find an orange pinto and send it to him.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure, with the little boy that could eat his share in body weight! This has been one dry , ugly summer so far weather wise. Loved that Eagles song "Take It To The Limit"! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip, and that the orange car served you well.  As for the plantar fasciitis ... I have the same problem.  After trying a number of different remedies, I settled on custom orthotics, and I haven't regretted it.  Takes a bit of time getting used to them, but after that, it's a huge improvement.  Good luck to you and your feet !    Tina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a good time!!

About the pics... when did you lose them? If you deleted them after you put them on the computer, check the recycle bin! They could very well still be there.... If it was in the camera, DON'T use the memory card and take it to your local camera or computer store--they may be able to retrieve the files as long as you haven't used the card again and written over it!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the car, it's burnt orange. I don't think I'd buy one, but I could "tool' around in one for a bit. when you drove it, did you feel like rapping?

As for Kentucky, I love Churchill Downs, but where do you find the fast women? Do they drive burnt orange rental cars and rap?

Your friend and mine,

Jimmy
http://journals.aol.com/jimsulliv3/jimmys-journal/

Anonymous said...

An orange car & horses & all you can eat.  A 12 yr old boy's dream.  Probably a 42 yr old man's dream as well. No pictures, uhm, I really believe you anyway ;-).  I hope you rested A LOT when you got home, with the air on high.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. If I'm ever out that way, I know where I'm stayin'

I'll have to take your word for all the other parts, though, huh, PICTURE ERASER!!!

:)   Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and just sorry that it was so hot!  I will have to look up your son's B & B when I'm out that way (which I am once in a while), and I'll tell him I'm one of your j-land buddies!
Lori