Monday, January 31, 2005

ANTICIPATION

  

MY GUEST SPEAKER IS  JILL

Aren't vacations great? We plan for them, we anticipate how wonderful it will be. We count the number of days until it starts, we take days to pack, (shall I bring this or that?) we hope for great weather and most of all we hope to stay healthy while we are enjoying our time off.

There are so many things to consider about our vacations. Nobody wants to think of all the things that could go wrong....your luggage didn't arrive with you? Your plane is late? You missed your connecting flight? You got strip searched, never thinking you looked like one of the bad guys? But all of these things pass and you arrive at your destination and now all is great. Life is good because you are finally on vacation.

There is one thing we all take for granted and that is who you are traveling with or going to visit. Do you like them?.........really like them? Are they someone that you really have a good time with? Do you trust them? Do you love them and do they love you? Are you sure?

Well, I went to Arizona to visit my friend Anne, with all the anticipation of a great vacation, good company, lots of laughing, good food, good wine and it was looking like there would be endless sunshine. I was finally out of the deep freeze of the midwest. My plane was on time, my luggage arrived with me, no strip search, thank goodness, and I was off to a great start. We did a little shopping, ate some good food and then I promptly got the FLU! That, I had NOT bargained for. Now that is where good, loving friends come in to play. My friend, Anne, took such good care of me. Her dog, Luke (The Wonder Dog) had just had surgery on his butt and now she had me sick too.

So you see, if your plane is late, you missed your flight, you get searched, your luggage didn't make the flight and the weather is bad, count your blessings if you are still healthy. If you do get sick, I hope you have the kind of friend that I do.....They do all they can to make you feel better and when you are looking your sickest, they are so kind to take your picture with Luke (The Wonder Dog) because you know, we needed a good laugh. I love my friend and thank her for taking such good care of me and I am so happy she stayed well.

Thank you,  Jill

NOTE from Anne: Jill is feeling much better now. She is back in the tundra and emailed these pictures to me. And one more thing, Jill you are invited back anytime!!

 


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww.... Anne, you're the best, and Miss Jill, so glad you are feeling better!! judi

Anonymous said...

Anne,  My favorite fruit of the month.   Your comments always bring such a smile!   Thank you for being in journal land and sharing you with us.  ~Sie

Anonymous said...

So glad Jill is feeling better!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

It's time the airlines were called to task for all that recycled air they pump into those pressurized cabins!!!  I'm glad Jill is better now.  She seems like a sweet girl even though she puts underwear on dogs.  ;)   HONK

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I guess the Flu doesn't seem quite as bad as Butt Surgery... hope everyone is on the mend!  very cute photo!  --Albert

Anonymous said...

OK, I feel better now. My flight home was late due to the pilot not being on the plane, my luggage still isn't here....no one strip-searched me, dammit, but I am home in one piece and healthy as the proverbial horse.

I am sorry Jill got sick and yet glad you (and I) didn't get the flu too.

Luke - well, what can I say. He is stylin'.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Aww....Anne, your the best!  This proves it!
And what a cute picture!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Hey Boo-Boo: I've got some pic-a-nik baskets for us!!!

i miss you.  :) kiss Wonder Dog for me, and they look in that mirror and kiee yerself!!! Jump Back!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAA

xoxoxo