Wednesday, January 5, 2005

BLUE SKIES

All is well in Arizona today. Yesterday was just plain weird. Since our arrival it has been very rainy. With the weather so cold and rainy we decided to go to a (shutter) mall for a movie. I wanted to see Oceans 12. I understand it got bad reviews. I understand there are better movies out there to see. I know that "Doc Holiday" (husband) wanted to see The Aviator, but darn it, I have a big ole school girl, lookin' down at the ground, shuffling my feet, silly grinning, lip drooling, CRUSH on George Clooney. I know I am an adult women who is no longer "in bloom" but I will let you in on a little secret.

shhhhhh, don't tell now, lean in real close so you will hear me whisper, "when I was just a young teenager, I had a BIG crush on his DAD!"  There I said it, yes, I had a crush on his Dad. I was 14 yrs old and living in Lexington, Ky. and there was a television show on Satudays called, "Teen Beat." It was kind of a local Dick Clark show, where they would play the latest music and you would watch kids dance and Nick Clooney was the host of the show. Now I am going to tell you what Nick looked like. Nick looked exactly like Geroge. (the carbon copy, I tell you) All of the little teens in Lexington had a crush on Nick. I remember he drove a convertible too!

I've analyzed this a lot and it boils down to one thing. When I look at George, I am remembering the good part of being a teenager all over again. The feeling of a serious crush, the daydreaming about a "dreamboat" and the HOPE that one day you would meet him and he would look at you and say, "HI" It's all so utterly silly, but it brings back my youth, if only for 2 hrs. I hope that Doc Holiday didn't look over at me in the middle of the movie and see me drooling. If he did, he didn't say anything.  2 hrs and lots of popcorn later, we left the theather and went back home.

Although it was starting to get dark outside we could tell the sky looked funny and it was raining so hard. Once we arrived home and turned on the television, we realized that we were under a tornado warning. That's right folks, a tornado warning here in ARIZONA. There was a touchdown in the west valley. Then there was lots of hail, so much in fact that it looked like snow covering the streets in the west valley. We just had lots of rain at our house. Flagstaff has 28" of snow and Sedona is now getting snow after floods last week.

I hope everybody is safe and warn out here in J-Land. But more than than, every once in a while, get that silly, goofy look on your face when you think about the little crushes you had on somebody in highschool. It does a soul good!       Anne

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww, I'm a lesbian and I still have a crush on George Clooney. So glad you were safe in the bad weather.... LOVE the picture. I love cacti. xoxoxox, judi

Anonymous said...

Doc Holiday has asked me to add this comment: "The only drooling he noticed was over the trough of popcorn I had." He also said he is going to run to Bockbuster to find the old Annette Funicello movies. He is still drooling over her, big time. I guess I'll pop the corn. Ain't life grand?    Anne

Anonymous said...

Aren't the blue skies wonderful??  (Though I do some clouds popping up now.)  We better not get too comfortable, however, I hear we are in for round three some Friday.  Here we go again!
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

That should have read COME Friday, not some Friday! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that Doc Holiday will be smiling as a result of your crush on the Clooney clan! A little drool never hurt anything :)  xoxo

Anonymous said...

My family used to go to AZ every year.   It brings back great memories seeing your pictures.  I hope the weather improves.  ~Sie

Anonymous said...

I was really bummed that the elder Clooney didn't win a Senate seat.  I know what you mean about long-held crushes, though.  Those never go away even when  we have a loving partner right next to us.  I'm not honking at you because that weather of yours is better than what we are suffering back here in JoCo.  Grrr.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo!  I want to see that movie too!  :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I've never seen blue like that in my entire life. Glad to hear you're indulging youself a little, you deserve it!!

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

When I look at George I just feel good!  I remember Nick and the show.( though I must have been an infant..lol) He was running for a congress and got beat!  I couldn't believe it, except that KY is turning blue on us.

Anonymous said...

It looks great around here, chicky. I can't believe here we are, almost 7 months and >1,000 hits later.

I am so blessed that you dropped into my life. I guess Daddy kind of ruined me.  He was so loving and supportive, and I've been just wandering around bumping into things ever since he passed away.
And then there was Anne.

And now I have a direction to head for and a light at the end of the tunnel, because my friend is holding up the lantern for me.

Thank you for being my friend. I love you.  :)

atk

Anonymous said...

When I look at George Clooney I don't want him...I want to play with him...he strikes me as mischevious