
I forgot to mention that May was National Depression Month. I'm glad I did my part. Yes, I gave! (Thank God that month is over!)
I went to an Art Show this afternoon. The guys around here decided to go to a baseball game. I chose the art show. I didn't buy one single thing. I did notice that nowadays almost anything and everything passes as "art" and haven't decided if that is a good thing or not. I was drawn to the glass art. I also liked a booth that had paper art. The lady dyed her own paper, cut it in pieces making a picture. She had a beautiful large purple flower blosom. The jewlery all started looking the same after awhile. Nothing spectacular and very expensive.
Did anybody see Dateline this evening? It was about a serial killer by the name of John Robinson. He is from around here. Gruesome....
Did you see that Katie Couric is going to be interviewing The Runnaway Bride on Tuesday? I can't believe this woman will be profiting from her "adventure." Some blogs have said, don't be so hard on her, but this is how I feel.....she has made it difficult for the NEXT missing person. There are many women and children (and men) who go missing every year and it is serious, but maybe police will remember this and think, "Oh well, probably another Runnaway Bride." And the thought of her profiting on a large scale just makes me sick.
I want to do an entry for Judith Heartsongs June essay, but I can't pick a favorite color. Darn it, there are too many colors that I love. I do know the ones that I don't like too well.......and one of them is gray. Put me in a gray room or house and I will go MAD! I read a novel many years ago and a particular part of it talked about the colors of the school football uniforms, brown and gray. The next sentence in the book compared those colors to shit and death. I wish I could remember the book. I do remember that it made me laugh out loud.
I may be going to visit Isabella soon. That will be fun.....however Tucson weather will be about 108 to 112 degrees. I wonder if the pool will become the hot tub?
I want to acknowledge my husband and my sons for this Fathers Day. Many years ago, in anger, I told my husband he wan't a good father. I have regretted those words every since. (Remember words are powerful weapons.) He is a wonderful father to our sons and a fantastic PaPaw. He is responsible for our boys getting healthy and for that I am very grateful. He is also responsible for helping me have a greater understanding and compassion for this world.
My one son is divorced and has 3 children. He lives close to us. I admire him because although he has a dissability, he is a stay a home Dad. He has done so much personal work to get himself in a good state of mind and for that I am grateful and it makes me proud.
Another son is celebrating the arrival of a daughter. When I called him the other night he was in the middle of changing a dirty diaper. I think it is amazing that nowadays Dads are changing diapers, taking off work when kids are sick, taking them to the doctors, picking them up from daycare, taking them to lots of activities, etc. Men have stepped up to the plate and I love them for it. It has made their lives better too!
Years ago, I used to have a sign above my kitchen sink that said, I JUST LOVE A MAN WITH DISHPAN HANDS!
Somebody convience me that it is time to get a digital camera and that I will be able to not only understand how to use it, but will be able to download the pictures into my computer. Is now the time to tell you that I am a graduate of the Ray Charles school of photography?
Hope everybody is doing well and having a great weekend.
Let me leave you with this colorful thought.....
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed ONLY if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler Ross

12 comments:
Congratulations graduate! now when do we get the pleasure of seeing your photos? i don't have a digital camera yet either hope you enjoy yours~kbear
I have wondered what the idiot runaway bride was going to do after she ran away. So she ran away with enough money to last her a few days. Then what?
I have said my daughter can't plan past dark, and I guess she isn't the only one.
xoxo
Sounds as if you are havimg a busy and satisfying weekend-I am glad. Margo
I love the painting and the quote is wonderful. It's ood to see a post from you. I'm playing journal catchup, and all I can say is I've missed you.
I would guess that the pool would become a hot tub in
temperatures like that! Whew!!!!
I'm glad I didnt know that last month was national
depression month. Doesn't matter really...I
celebrated anyway, but if I had known I might have
celebrated a bit too much. lol
Connie
A word of encouragement...I cannot type...I hunt and peck...but I have found my way around jland...I just got a digital camera it has an icon on it for portrait or movement or moonlight etc. you put it on the correct setting and shoot. No film to load....all you have to do is plug the camera in the wall and charge it...after taking your picures there is a cd you put in your pc it explains what it is doing: you just press the word next... next... and finish! Yhen the pictures appear in your pc under pictures and it allows you to name that photo session...so you can go back any time and select a picture from your archive.When you write your journal and click add pictures you are shown a list of the picture sessions you took you click on put an x in the box of the pic you want to submit and click add the picture and it appears in your journal like magic...If I can do it anyone can and the camera comes with a simple set of instructions and the cd drive that makes it all happen...cant wait to see you in pictures! courtenay
Loved this post and the picture of the artwork. I really love rainbow colors and a "tie dye" look. Sure glad to hear your depression has lifted. I know that each time it visits me it feel like the "worst" and like it will never end - but it does. I like the way our culture has moved to having more involved daddies too. Perhaps when both moms and dads have to "do it all" there truly will be equality. Paulette
Beautiful entry Anne, and I like the artwork too! Very sweet tribute to your husband and sons.
I seem to be avoiding the dirty diaper thing in this lifetime, which is probably okay with me, I can just about handle cat poop... --Albert
wonderful entry.... fantastic quote.... and if you wanted to write an essay about all your favorite colors, you could do that too:):):) big hugs Anne....... just got back into town late last night. :) judi
What a great entry!
Thanks for this entry. Wow you said that to your husband. Glad things turned out the way they did john
Perfect "abstract" entry! rich
Post a Comment