Monday, June 20, 2005

It's That Time of Year

Goddess Swim Dress

"Ignore the screams," I said, as I pulled the curtain closed in the dressing room. I feel like Kathy....the cartoon woman who was always searching for the perfect bathing suite. I have decided that no matter what size you are, there IS NO perfect bathing suite. This picture isn't exactly like the one I got, but it is close enough for you to get the idea. They call this particular suite "Goddess." That's not exactly what I feel like when I am wearing it, but hey, if attitude is everything, then I need a "tude" adjustment. I need to exercise and it is so difficult for me to walk any great distance because of  lots of feet problems. So my doctor suggested water aerobics....(right!)  Doesn't he know that I have a water phobia? Well, I do have one, but it is in water that you can't see down into.....(thanks to JAWS) The last time I was in the ocean, I was chased by a giant whale, err....shark.....err....sting ray.....err...ok, it was a crab, but it was a BIG crab. Also to make matters worse, I can't swim and NO, I don't want to learn. I don't like having my face under water or water beating down on it....(Thanks to Psycho)  I am beginning to understand why I don't go to the movies much anymore....at least the scarey ones. OK, I am dertermined that somehow, someway, I will go into the water and remember, It ain't over until the........................  Just tell me what you'd like to hear?

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly a nice bathing suit   i desire one of the old fashion ones nowadays to cover the entire body, lol    i haven't been in a bathing suit in like decades i think   you're right there is NO right swimsuit nowadays.....stick to the pools if you can and stay away from those scary movies, lol~kbear

Anonymous said...

I like that one!  I had a difficult time finding one I liked this year.  
~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

I like the hat.  did you get the hat?  Ya know.... if you put a piece of fruit on the hat, ummm...like a watemelon.....I bet nobody would even notice the swimdress.....  ~Sie...always tryin to help.  

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor!! Maybe getting one of those little kiddie pools would be good? You can see to the bottom of that right?

Anonymous said...

Well, you have given me my first laugh for the day. Thanks. Margo

Anonymous said...

So are you going to do water aerobics? Of course, why else do you need a swimsuit! Let me know how it goes. I have heard it's good to wear water shoes so you don't scuff up your feet on the bottom of the pool. Have fun!! I have thought about going, since it's one exercise where you just won't notice the sweat!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

anne, i giggled and chuckled and reread...thanks, it was a wonderful way to start my day.  i love the suit, i won't ask what it cost (although i do wonder), grins, debra

Anonymous said...

you will be beautiful.... and brave!!! :):):) Hey, I just got a hat like the model is wearing!!!! judi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I ditto your whole entry!....meeeeeeeercy!....E

Anonymous said...

Whatever "suits" you works for me. I'm not a water lover either, BUT, would be lost without the use of our indoor pool here. It's only 5 feet deep and is perfect for working out my bad leg and back. rich

Anonymous said...

I teach water aerobics.  In most classes you do not have to swim or get your face wet.  One of our most regular attendees was terrified of the water when she started...but she loves it.  If you lived close to me....I'd drag you to my class.
:)

Anonymous said...

PS...Suzy is right.  Get the shoes.  They protect your feet and give you extra traction so you won't slip.

Anonymous said...

Once you get started I'm sure you will not only look great but fee; good too! Have fun!
Mary

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...If only I could carry a tune...

I know the feeling...the dern suit does not want to move...tug tug pull...and when you finally get it into place....walk two steps and its up the butt....LOL

Damn shame I live so close to the Lake.