This is a BIG thank you to my friend Sherron and her little dog, Danielle, who were by hosts while visiting Las Vegas. Danielle, is new to her family and is doing so well. We bonded immediately. She may be small in size (Sherron as well as Danielle) but is strong in spirit and dertermination. She walked in my room several times to make sure I was comfortable and was sad that at night, when she had to sleep in the kitchen. She is a bundle of joy! Sherron said she doesn't have the typical yorkie "look" because her ears are down and she has a June Allison haircut. They were both a joy to be around.
The first night after arriving we went to a nice restaurant and ate calamari with hot peppers, red meat and a wonderful salad. For dessert we had berries and cream. We split everything and it was just the perfect amount.
The next day was spent shopping, looking at purses, scarves, handbags and jewelry. FUN FUN FUN! What did we buy? lunch, and it was great! Then that night we went to see MENOPAUSE, THE MUSICAL and it was fantastic. I think there are around 25 songs, all musical parody. Here is an example, sung to "I'm having a heat wave"
I'm having a hot flash
A tropical hot flash
My personal summer is really a bummer
I'm having a hot flash.
Comes on like a car crash
No warning just hot flash
Outside it is nippy, but I'm hot and drippy
I'm having a hot flash
The next day we went to a "new" hotel/casino/resort called WYNN. Very beautiful. Lots of nice shops in there. A little pricey though. We went into a great store that had just THE purse I was looking for, however, it was around $10,000.00 too much. Needless to say, it was an easy decision. So, I turned to chocolate. We went in and wanting to purchase SOMETHING, I decided to buy a small bag of chocolate covered pineapple and apricots. It was a good decision and all in all I saved my husband tens of thousands of dollars. haaaaaaaaaa! (I amuse myself!)
Here is a picture of one entry into WYNN.....I loved the trees with "balls" of flowers in them.
The very worst part of my trip was leaving. I had to get up at 5 a.m. to make it to the Vegas airport in time to catch my plane to go home. You wouldn't think there would be a lot of people there at that time, right? WRONG! It was packed. Now I know how a sardine feels like. In fact some of the people in line, kind of smelled like a canned sardine.
Thanks Sherron and Danielle. I had a great time. AND I didn't even see Elvis while I was there.



7 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time. A well-deserved trip.
Andi
Yorkies are awesome! They are fearless little warriors!
Russ
how can a purse be 10k O God not sure i'd even look in that store...lol~kbear
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! But $10K for a purse?? What was it made of?? Did it have gold and diamond accents?? I can't even imagine it!
Pamela
I am so glad that your trip was a good one. It is nice to get away into a foreign culture-and any place a purse goes for 10k is foreign to me! Margo
I think it was a Yorkie that made Baby go west when my pants went south, lol. I love Las Vegas - how can you not have a great time there? I have friends in Henderson asking me to visit - why do I not go??
That must have been one Hot Purse! So much to see in LV!
xoxo
Hey, Anne ! So glad to hear that your visit to Vegas was a good one, and that you had such lovely hosts. That new Wynn place is something, isn't it ? I could only affort to buy a diet soda there, but what a greaaaaaaaaaaat diet soda it was ! lol Hope that you are all settled in, safe and sound, at home again. Tina
Post a Comment